Are you struggling with any form of baldness? Or you simply started losing your hair?
Well – there are solutions:
- decrease the amount of hair you lose daily
- reduce your thinning
- prevent future baldness
For this reason – here are the 7 best treatments for hair loss in men (in 2021).
So if you want a long term solution, you will surely find it below.
Note: These recommendations are based on my own opinion + research on these products.
1. Producer: Profollica
- Supplement: Niacin, Chlorophyll, PABA, Iodine, Folic Acid, L-Cysteine, etc.
- Gel: Trichogen, Panax Ginseng Extract, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Arginine, etc.
3. Best For: Hair issues caused by DHT excess. It can treat:
- early baldness
- thinning hair
- chronic hair loss
However – just like all treatments from this list, it can’t regrow hair on a completely bald scalp.
This is by far the best treatment for male hair loss I know.
Why? Well – first of all, Profollica offers 2 products in one kit:
- Daily Supplement
- Activator Gel
For this reason – its effect is much stronger in terms of hair loss (compared to other similar products).
Besides, it also has an excellent formula in both products:
- powerful ingredients in high dosages
- compounds with clinical evidence behind
- designed to block DHT excess levels
- doesn’t cause reverse hair loss when stopped
So it’s my #1 recommendation against male hair loss/thinning (but also against early baldness).
However – at $60/month, Profollica doesn’t seem like a cheap product.
But considering you get 2 products for these money – it’s a lot cheaper than most.
That’s why, at this point – I don’t know any better product overall (quality/price).
So I would strongly recommend going for Profollica.
- Strong formula with high quality ingredients
- High dosages in most compounds
- Many ingredients have clinical evidence behind
- Blocks DHT excess successfully
- Users claim effect appears pretty fast (in a few months)
- Can be stopped without causing reverse hair loss
- Great price for 2 products included
- 60 days money back guarantee
- Company claims to refund users for unopened bottles
- You can only buy both products together
- Takes longer to work in some people (over 4-5 months)
- Doesn’t work in all cases
- Not effective for hair loss caused by other issues than DHT excess
1. Producer: Procerin
2. Ingredients: Saw Palmetto, Zinc, Vitamin B6, Proprietary Herbal Blend, etc.
3. Best For: Treating hair loss/thinning caused by DHT excess.
Just like the previous product – it doesn’t claim to be a miraculous cure.
So it’s not going to grow new hairs on a scalp that is already completely bald.
For those of you who are on a tighter budget – Procerin is a good alternative to Profollica.
Though it doesn’t have the same quality, it’s pretty close.
That’s because its ingredients are extremely well-chosen:
- based on the best natural DHT blocker (Saw Palmetto)
- high dosages in most ingredients
- substances that work great together
Besides – it’s specially designed for hair loss/thinning in men (not for both genders).
Other that than – Procerin is excellent in most chapters.
- The supplement alone has a great price (under $30/month).
- You can also find it as a lotion.
- But unlike Profollica (my #1 recommendation), the lotion and the supplement aren’t sold together.
This means you don’t have to buy them both.
And I recommend going for the supplement alone (since it does most of the job).
For this reason – in case you can’t afford Profollica, Procerin is a cheaper alternative with a close quality.
- Excellent ingredients and dosages
- Based on the strongest DHT blocker among herbs
- Many positive reviews online
- Pretty good price overall
- 90 days money back guarantee
- Pills are thicker than in most supplements
- Topical product isn’t very effective
- Doesn’t work in all cases
- Not effective for severe cases of baldness
1. Producer: HairMax
2. Technology Used: Laser light energy that is meant to stimulate hair follicles directly:
- increases growth speed
- reduces thinning and fall out
- rejuvenates aging hair
3. Best For: Men dealing with thinning hair or general hair loss.
It also works for DHT excess (but it’s a lot more successful when combined with supplements – which block DHT excess directly).
Laser devices are surely a potent treatment for hair loss.
However – out of all laser devices, I would only recommend one.
I’m talking about HairMax’s Ultima 9 Classic:
- targeted therapy against hair loss/thinning
- same effect as $1000-$2000 laser devices
- takes the same time to start working (about 4-5 months)
- lots of satisfied users
Basically – compared to most laser devices, HairMax’s product is even $1800 cheaper.
However, it uses the exact same technology (so it has the same effect).
The only difference is that you have to comb it manually through your scalp/hair.
But for almost $2000 saved – that’s totally worth it.
Other than that – laser therapy isn’t my top recommendation for male hair loss:
- pricier than supplements
- may not work for everyone
- you need to invest in a quality product
However, there are many success stories behind.
So if you afford getting HairMax’s laser device – I totally recommend it.
Especially if you’re willing to associate it with supplements.
- Based on laser energy (which stimulates hair follicles directly)
- One of the few FDA cleared devices
- Laser technology has clinical evidence behind
- Cheaper than most laser products
- Many success stories and satisfied users
- Works in many cases of male hair loss (especially for thickening)
- 2 years money back guarantee
- Not affordable for everyone
- Doesn’t work in all cases
- Takes a bit longer to start working than supplements
1. Producer: Vita Balance
- Herbal Extracts (Saw Palmetto, Nettle, Horsetail, Fo-Ti, Bamboo, Peony, PABA, etc.)
- Vitamins (Biotin, Vitamin A, Folic Acid, Vitamin E, etc.)
- Minerals (Calcium, Iron, Zinc, etc.)
3. Best For: General hair loss in men (not caused by DHT excess).
If you’re dealing with a general hair loss – this is by far the best treatment.
So how do you know your hair loss is general?:
- Hairline is full and normal.
- No balding spots in the crown.
- No family history of baldness.
Basically – if your hairline doesn’t start receding and there’s no sign of baldness, your hair loss is probably general.
So it’s not caused by DHT excess but by other factors (stress, nutrition, etc.).
In this case, Folexin is the best choice:
- lowest price on the market (for the quality)
- strong ingredients in excellent dosages
- reputable company behind
In other words – if you don’t have a high DHT level affecting your hair, this supplement can help your problem.
It’s also effective for DHT excess (but not as strong as real DHT blockers).
For this reason – it’s a really potent treatment in certain cases.
- One of the best formulas on the market
- Most ingredients have studies behind
- Effect appears very fast (1-2 months in my case)
- Doesn’t cause reverse hair loss when stopped
- Lowest price among all competitors
- Not very strong against hair loss caused by DHT excess
- Doesn’t ship in every country
- You can’t find many authentic opinions outside its official website
#5 – Minoxidil + Finasteride
2. Ingredients: Minoxidil and Finasteride are actually the active ingredients.
You can find them under different names (depending on the brand selling them).
However – all products contain pretty much the same active ingredients.
3. Best For: Male hair loss caused by DHT excess.
In case you want the classic treatment – this is the best option.
Minoxidil and Finasteride are the only FDA approved remedies for male hair loss:
- reduce the amount of thinning hair
- increase density
- decrease the fall out 
- prevent worsening baldness
But despite their benefits – I don’t normally recommend these 2 products.
Unlike supplements and laser devices – their have a more significant negative side:
- Lots of complaints about serious side effects (especially Finasteride). 
- Some users claim the side effects don’t go away even after quitting the pills.
- Once you start using them, you have to do it for the rest of your life.
- Otherwise, hair loss returns even more severe.
- Effect takes at least 5-6 months to appear.
Besides – Finasteride can only be bought via medical prescription.
So even though these 2 products work, they’re not my personal recommendation.
Considering the high rate of side effects – I would prefer a healthier approach.
- Many studies behind for both products
- Only hair loss treatments that are FDA approved
- Available in many subscriptions (like Hims and Keeps)
- Positive effect in most cases
- Pretty affordable in terms of price
- Lots of complaints about side effects
- You’re not allowed to give them up (unless you want a worsening hair loss)
- Finasteride requires a prescription
- Effect doesn’t appear very fast
- Cannot revive dead follicles
#6 – Nutrafol Core For Men ($88.00)
1. Producer: Nutrafol
- Original Blend (Horsetail, Bioperine, Capsimax, Cysteine, Lysine, etc.)
- Synergen Complex (Saw Palmetto, Marine Collagen, BCM-95 Curcumin, etc.)
- Vitamins/Minerals (Vitamin A, C, D, Zinc, Selenium, etc.)
3. Best For: Male hair loss (by different causes – not only DHT excess).
But since it’s not focused on 1 main cause – it doesn’t have a very strong effect for any.
In terms of reputation – this treatment might be the best from my list.
That’s because Nutrafol is a very famous brand (for its quality and expensive products).
So what makes Nutrafol so special?
- contains trademark ingredients
- clinical evidence behind
- trustworthy producer
When it comes to its hair loss effect – it does have enough satisfied users behind.
However, there are many complaints as well.
And no matter how good it was – at almost $90/bottle, I doubt most people could afford it.
So despite being a great supplement, it’s too expensive to place it higher.
- Strong formula with quality compounds
- Some substances have trademark versions
- Trustworthy company behind
- Many satisfied users
- Positive effects for male hair loss
- Available in several retailers
- Extremely expensive for its actual value
- Hard to afford monthly
- Requires 4 pills per day
#7 – Revita Shampoo ($32.00)
1. Producer: DS Laboratories
- Herbs/Extracts (Procyandin B2 , Ketoconazole, Caffeine, etc.)
- Vitamins/Minerals (Niacinamide, MSM, Cooper Peptides, etc.)
3. Best For: Decreasing general hair loss but also blocking DHT receptors.
In case you were also looking for a DHT-blocking shampoo, Revita is my top pick.
Here’s what makes this shampoo more special:
- extremely professional formula
- reputable company behind
- blocks DHT receptors on the outside
- stimulates follicle production
Basically – it’s one of the few shampoo with DHT-blocking proprieties.
Besides, it’s a very professional product itself.
In terms of treating DHT hair loss, it’s probably not the best choice (if used alone).
But compared to most shampoos – it’s way more potent.
That’s why it could make a decent choice (especially if combined with a supplement).
- Best formula among hair loss shampoos
- Blocks DHT receptors from the outside
- Decreases hair loss and promotes thickness
- Many satisfied users
- Also helpful for hair loss caused by other issues
- Not very effective if used alone
- A bit expensive
- Needs to be used quite often for best results (5 days a week)
3 Bonus Treatments
If these 7 remedies above weren’t enough to convince you, here’s more.
Let me give you 3 additional remedies that will decrease your male hair loss.
PS: All of them are simple home remedies (unlike the previous 7 above).
1. Green Tea
After Saw Palmetto – this herb is the best when it comes to blocking DHT.
So how can you use it? As an infusion:
- Make a green infusion using a green tea bag/powder.
- Let it sit until it has a brown to green shade and it cools down.
- While washing your hair, apply the liquid on wet hair.
- Use it after shampooing.
- Massage for a few seconds with your hands.
- Rinse your hair normally afterwards.
This should block the DHT receptors from your scalp.
In this way – it might reduce your hair loss partially.
Also, green tea helps thickening hair and maintaining its volume. So it has more benefits.
This herb is probably the best when it comes to thickening hair:
- adds volume and increases density
- reduces thinning
- prevents frizzy ends
- helps your hair look fuller and thicker
So how could you use Horsetail?
Well – you can find the extract in many of the treatments above (Folexin, Procerin, etc.).
But other than that, you can prepare an infusion and use it to rinse your hair (as with green tea).
This might help on the long term.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar
Though it’s not as strong as the previous 2 – ACV has lots of benefits for your hair:
- slight DHT blocking proprieties
- reduces hair loss due to breakage
- increases volume
So using this home remedy to rinse your hair might have positive benefits in the future.
It’s not going to cure your baldness/hair loss, that’s for sure.
But if combined with the right remedies – its effect can add up.
My Verdict – What’s The Best Treatment For Male Hair Loss?
Short answer: DHT blockers.
Since DHT excess is responsible for most cases of male hair loss (about 80%) – the best treatments are focused against it.
However, there are a few other causes as well.
For this reason – it’s hard to pick only one treatment:
- Profollica – best DHT blocker for the quality.
- Procerin – cheaper alternative to Profollica.
- HairMax Laser Comb – best laser device (price/quality).
- Folexin – best treatment for non-DHT excess hair loss.
- Minoxidil + Finasteride – best prescription treatment.
- Nutrafol Core – best reputable product.
- Revita – best shampoo against hair loss.
However – if I had to pick only one, it would by my #1 choice (Profollica):
- offers 2 products for the price
- strong ingredients and potent effect
- clinical evidence behind its ingredients
Obviously – all of the 7 treatments are effective and they should work for most people.
However, it’s the success rate that makes the difference.
For this reason – choose the treatments that suits your problem best.