It’s time to review HairMax LaserComb – a device designed for growing and restoring lost hair.
So does this product work for real?
At this point – it’s my #1 recommendation among all laser caps/combs on the market:
- lowest price overall
- the same effect as $1000 products
- one of the few FDA cleared devices
So is HairMax’s product the best laser device for hair?
Let me give you all the details as to why I believe so.
Note: This review is based on my own opinion + research on HairMax.
So Let’s Get To The Review
Full Name: Ultima Laser Comb from HairMax
- Ultima 9 Classic
- Ultima 12
I recommend going for the 9 classic (better price/results) – but more on this below.
Best Actual Price: Around $200 (for the 9 classic)
Cheapest Place To Buy: Amazon (lower prices than on HairMax’s official website)
Designed For: Hair loss/growth and everything it involves:
- targeted therapy against shedding
- reverses thinning
- improves hair density and growth
Basically – it’s a device that stimulates hair follicles directly.
That’s why its effect is real (unlike other products – especially shampoos).
My Rating: 9.50 out of 10 – A great product
Worth Buying?: Definitely – it’s the best laser device on the market:
- lowest price among all products
- work just as well as any laser device
- many positive opinions
So if I were to recommend any laser product for hair, it would definitely be this one.
Why spend $1000 on a laser cap when you can get the same effect with this $200 product?
What I Liked About It
- Excellent technology (9 laser modules)
- Clear instructions and user guide included
- One of the few hair devices that are FDA cleared
- Really effective against hair loss and thinning
- Also grows hair faster than normal
- Many positive reviews and satisfied users
- Lowest price among all laser devices
- Available on several retailers
- Eligible for shipping all over the world
What I Didn’t Like About It
- Doesn’t grow hair on a completely bald scalp
- Needs to be used a few minutes more than other laser devices (about 3)
#1 – Technology (9 out of 10)
In terms of effect – LaserComb’s mechanism is excellent.
That’s why I’m not surprised it has so many satisfied users and positive opinions.
1. How It Works
The technology itself is pretty simple:
- Uses laser light energy on scalp.
- This is also called “hair photobiostimulation”.
- In this way, the laser energy reaches hair follicles directly.
- This highly stimulates growth process.
- It also decreases strands thinning and fall out process.
- Besides, it rejuvenates aging hair.
So all in all – this strategy is excellent for growing new hairs and even preventing the loss of existent ones.
Besides, LaserComb it’s one of the few FDA cleared hair products.
Not to mention that is also has several clinical trials behind. 
This tells a lot about its quality and effect.
2. HairMax LaserComb VS Laser Caps
However – HairMax’s product is a laser comb.
So what’s the difference between it and a real laser cap?
- combs have less laser modules
- this means a longer treatment time
- however, frequency of use is the same
- also, results don’t appear faster in any
In other words – a comb needs to be used around 10 minutes and a regular cap only about 5.
But you still have to use both about 3 times a week (for best effect).
Plus – the results appear after the same time.
So basically, the only difference is the duration of use (which is quite insignificant, if you ask me).
Considering laser caps are way above $500, I think a laser comb is a lot more worth it.
HairMax’s LaserComb uses the same technology as most laser products:
- laser energy based
- stimulate hair follicles directly
- this prevents fall out and grows new hairs
The only downside is that it contains less laser modules.
This means you will have to use it for more minutes – compared to a laser cap (but with the same frequency).
Still – the effect is absolutely the same (as time and results).
Considering it’s at least $300 cheaper, I think HairMax’s LaserComb is the best option among laser products.
So it’s definitely my personal #1 choice.
#2 – How To Use It (9 out of 10)
HairMax offers excellent directions about their products.
All of them come with an user manual (which makes it so easy even for beginners).
1. The Instructions
Now – in case you don’t own the laser comb yet, here’s how to use it:
- Charge the device until it has a full battery.
- Turn it on using the on/off button.
- Now place it on your scalp.
- Start with either the left/right part and go turn by turn.
- Place the comb on one part of your left/right side.
- Let it sit for about 4 seconds (until you hear a beep).
- The move it half and inch and let it sit once again.
- Continue doing this until you cover all your scalp.
- It’s recommended to use it 3 times per week (every 2-3 days).
Overall – the procedure is really simple and you can get used to it very fast.
Here’s a great video with the instructions (easier to understand than the directions themselves):
2. Extra Tips
A great thing about this device is that it has a timer.
This timer turns the comb off after exactly 15 minutes:
- this is made so that you don’t use it for longer
- even if you did, the results wouldn’t be any faster or better
- also, using it daily wouldn’t speed up the process at all
So don’t waste your time with that, even HairMax mentions this.
All in all – HairMax’s LaserComb is super easy to use:
- you only need to run it through your scalp
- it’s required to use it 3 times per week
Now – laser combs aren’t as easy as hair caps (that are hands-free actually).
But considering the price difference, I think a laser comb is way better (even with all the effort).
And out of all laser combs I looked into, this one is by far the best.
#3 – Results (10 out of 10)
I haven’t used HairMax’s LaserComb myself – so I won’t be able to speak from experience.
Actually, I haven’t used any laser comb/cap.
Since my hair loss mostly affected the roots, there was no need for that.
Supplements did their job well enough for my problem.
Anyway – I decided to look at other customers’ opinions on this product.
Note: I only considered authentic reviews, not promotional ones.
1. What People Say
Compared to other laser devices – this one has a higher rate of positive reviews.
It’s true that it only has 29 reviews on Amazon.
But there are way more on HairMax’s website (and they’re surely not biased there).
So here’s what most users think:
- Some say it’s excellent in terms of growing new hairs.
- Others claim they saw results from the first month.
- People using it for hair loss claim that it got better even after 1 week.
- Many say it’s the best choice in terms of price.
- Others state it’s more worth it than other laser devices (that are pricier).
There are also a few complaints – but most are related to price.
It’s true that LaserComb isn’t extremely cheap.
But laser devices are generally pricey. And compared to most, this one is way cheaper.
However, in terms of effect – over 85% users are satisfied.
And honestly, that is a very high per cent.
2. Biggest Praises
Overall – the best aspects about LaserComb seem to be:
- Fast effect for hair loss
- Much cheaper than its competitors
- Money back guarantee
- Higher hair density
I mentioned those 4 facts in a decreasing order (1 is the most common).
As I said, there are also some negative reviews.
But if I’m not wrong, they’re less than 5 (which tells a lot):
- expensive compared to shampoos/supplements
- doesn’t work for bald men
- effect doesn’t appear from the first weeks (not in all cases)
Now – these claims are definitely true.
But laser devices are surely not for everyone – in terms of effect and price.
They have some faster results in some and some slower results in others.
But all in all – they have a very high success rate.
HairMax’s product has a very positive feedback from users:
- most rated it 5 stars out of 5
- many praises and positive opinions
- high success rate in all categories
The product isn’t perfect, that’s for sure.
But overall – the high number of positive reviews stands as a witness that it’s a great choice.
#4 – Price (10 out of 10)
This is definitely the #1 reason why I recommend this product.
Compared to other laser devices – HairMax’s LaserComb is by far the cheapest.
1. The Exact Price
First of all – price depends on the exact version you buy:
- Ultima 9 Classic costs around $200
- Ultima 12 costs around $400
The only difference between them are 3 laser modules.
This means the 9 version will require 3 extra minutes of use (which is no big deal, honestly).
So I personally would recommend going for the Ultima 9 – as price is much better.
Now, I know $200 isn’t very little.
But it’s the cheapest laser device all over the market.
So if you want this kind of product – you will have to pay over $500 (in most cases).
For this reason, $200 is a much better price than you can imagine.
2. Competitors’ Price
HairMax’s LaserCombs themselves (with both version) have a much better price compared to most laser devices:
- Other laser COMBS cost about $500.
- Most of them have about the same number of laser modules.
- And they have far less positive reviews than LaserComb.
- On the other hand, laser CAPS cost well over $500.
- Some of them are even over $1000.
- The only difference is that they need to be used for less than 5 minutes.
Now – it’s all up to you what kind of laser device you want to buy.
But if you care about price, I definitely recommend going for a laser comb.
And more specifically, for HairMax’s Ultima 9 product.
You will only have to use it for a few extra minutes every time – besides this, the effect is exactly the same.
So instead of paying over $500 for a laser device that works in 3 minutes, better pay $200 for this one.
It’s by far the very best choice in terms of money/effect.
In terms of price, HairMax’s product is the best choice on the market:
- best price among all laser devices
- great quality/price ration
- affordable (compared to its competitors)
So if you want to invest in a laser device without paying a fortune – I certainly recommend this product.
It works the same as $1000 products but it needs to be used less than 10 minutes more.
If you’re willing to do this (I definitely am), it’s the best option on the market.
#5 – Where To Find It (10 out of 10)
HairMax’s products are usually quite easy to find.
And the 2 versions of LaserComb make no exception:
- standard seller is HairMax’s official website
- also available on retailers
However, in my opinion – Amazon is the best place to buy the 2 laser combs:
- Lower price than on the official website
- Free shipping is included
- Discounts and sales quite often
- Money back guarantee included
Basically – there’s no reason why you would buy LaserComb from HairMax’s website.
Amazon has a better price and it offers the same features (even money back guarantee).
So if you want the lowest price for HairMax’s products – I definitely recommend Amazon.
#6 – FAQs
Up next – I will try to answer the top questions about HairMax’s product.
1. How often you should use it?
The LaserComb needs to be used 3 times a week – but the time depends on the version:
- Ultimate 9: 11 minutes
- Ultimate 12: 8 minutes
This means you should use the comb every 2-3 days, for either 11 or 8 minutes.
The comb itself has a 15 minute timer – after this period, the device is automatically stopped.
2. Can you use it with other products?
Definitely – whether we’re talking about topical products or drugs/supplements.
LaserComb has a different mechanism – so it only stimulates follicles, nothing else.
That’s why you can combine it with other products without any worries.
3. Are there any side effects?
Laser devices are one of the few product categories with no real side effects:
- don’t burn scalp at all
- cannot cause skin cancer
- do not irritate the scalp
However – it’s not recommended to overuse any laser devices.
Even though that wouldn’t cause any side effects, it might decrease the results (ironically).
4. How fast should you notice a change?
According to HairMax, it takes about 3-4 months to see real results (in terms of hair growth).
However – many users claim they could see results much faster.
Some even state they saw a change from the first weeks.
So in terms of hair loss, laser devices seem to work faster.
#7 – Final Conclusions
Here’s how I would sum up my opinion on LaserComb (in 3 ideas).
1. Quality Technology
Just like most laser devices – LaserComb works directly on hair follicles:
- energy stimulates roots and follicles
- hair loss decreases considerably
- growth speed increases
Plus – laser is a great thinning remedy.
Not to mention that it’s also recommended for aging hair.
So in terms of technology, HairMax’s device is really awesome.
2. Promising Feedback
Compared to other laser products – this one has far more positive reviews:
- many satisfied customers (in terms of effect)
- most are happy with the price
- high number of 5 stars reviews
Since there are so many happy users, LaserComb must be a quality product.
This is the best proof, actually.
3. Best Price On The Market
To be honest – LaserComb is probably the best laser device I know.
The #1 reason why I say this is price:
- most likely the cheapest laser product
- price is quite affordable (about $200)
- effect is the same as in other laser devices
Basically – LaserComb is cheaper because it needs to be used for a longer time (11 minutes).
Most laser caps require around 5 minutes of use and cost well over $500.
But that’s the only difference.
So I would anytime pay $200 for LaserComb than pay $700 on other laser caps. Seriously.
My Verdict – Is LaserComb Worth It?
Short answer: Definitely.
In fact, it’s my #1 recommended laser device – I don’t know any better one:
- Strong and professional technology.
- Way more affordable than any other device.
- Best rated laser product (in terms of reviews).
A major reason why it’s my #1 pick is its low price.
At this point – it’s probably the cheapest laser device on the market.
But since it has such a reputable company behind (HairMax) – this doesn’t mean it doesn’t work as well as others.
Actually, there’s one reason why it’s cheaper than most:
- requires to be used 11 minutes (every 2/3 days)
- other laser combs need to be used about 8-9 minutes
- laser caps only require about 5 minutes
Basically – those 5 minutes or more make LaserComb at least $200 cheaper.
The effect and frequency of use are exactly the same.
I personally would pay $200 and use it an extra 5 minutes anytime (instead of spending even $1000 for a laser cap).
There’s simply no point paying more, just for the sake of 5 minutes.
For this reason – I strongly advise you to go for HairMax’s product:
- great results (as in any other laser device)
- much better price
- money back guarantee
- lots of positive reviews all over the internet
If I were to choose only one laser product, it would surely be this one.