Let’s compare 2 of the top male hair loss brands: Hims VS Keeps.
They offer about the same products – but there are still enough differences. So:
- Which has most satisfied customers?
- Which is more popular and trustworthy?
- And lastly – which has the best offer?
I analyzed both brands very closely – so I found out their top features and info.
So if you’re looking for the best choice between Hims and Keeps – I’ve got the answer in this review.
Note: This review is based on my own opinion + research on these 2 products.
Hims Or Keeps? (In A Nutshell)
Shortly – both offer a subscription for male hair loss treatments (Minoxidil + Finasteride).
The difference is that Hims also offers ED and anxiety products, while Keeps is only focused on hair loss.
But that’s another story.
So basically – they both offer Minoxidil + Finasteride.
However – Keeps is better in most chapters:
- Best price and offer
- First month order completely free
- Free doctor consultation (for Finasteride)
- More satisfied customers
- Guaranteed refunds
Hims’s products are also good (since they’re the same actually).
But the company has enough negative reviews and complaints online.
And no – most are not related to the products themselves (but to their practices).
So if you want a safe and cheaper subscription to Minoxidil and Finasteride – my #1 choice is Keeps.
#1 – Products Offered – WINNER: Hims
Both brands sell about the same hair products as their main recommendations.
However – there’s a difference overall:
- 2 products are offered by both (Minoxidil and Finasteride)
- 2 products are only offered by Hims (Shampoo + Gummies)
Basically – Keeps has 2 products in the offer, while Hims has 4.
Let me explain by taking them by turn.
It sticks to the classics and only offers the 2 standard products:
- Minoxidil 5% – FDA approved for crown thinning. 
- Finasteride 1 mg – also FDA approved but for receding hairlines. 
You can also get both products together (for a better overall effect and a lower price).
Basically – Keeps only offers the essential products, instead of also promoting unnecessary ones.
Their offer includes the usual Minoxidil and Finasteride and 2 other products:
- Shampoo – for maintenance treatment
- Biotin Gummies – for an increased hair growth effect
Also, it offers products for ED, anxiety and premature ejactulation.
Back to the hair products, there are 4 products – combined in 3 kits:
- Complete Kit (Finasteride + Shampoo + Minoxidil + Gummies)
- Non-Prescription Kit (Everything except Finasteride)
- Edible Kit (Finasteride + Gummies)
In my opinion, these 2 additional products (shampoo and gummies) aren’t very useful.
Shampoos rarely have a major effect for hair loss.
Also, biotin gummies are full of sugar so they might affect your health (just like Sugar Bear’s gummies do).
Since Hims offers 2 more hair products compared to Keeps – it is the actual winner.
However, I wouldn’t consider this an advantage:
- the 2 additional products aren’t very effective
- they’re probably not worth the money
So even though Hims has a wider offer – I would recommend you to stick to Minoxidil and Finasteride.
The shampoo and gummies won’t increase their effect too much.
#2 – Results – DRAW
So even though Hims offers 4 products (vs 2 in Keeps) – their results are about the same.
As I said:
- the 2 additional products from Hims aren’t too effective
- it’s Minoxidil and Finasteride that do the whole work
Now – let’s analyze their overall results.
People only used Minoxidil/Finasteride or both together.
- Some say their shedding decreased (after about 6 months).
- Others say their thin spots look fuller.
- A few others claim their hair density increased.
Obviously – results are better after 1 year or so.
But as you might expect – there are also people who didn’t experience any improvement.
However, results are positive overall (more than 50%). You can see more in my full review.
It has about the same feedback as Keeps.
In fact – its percent of satisfied customers is a bit lower (still over 50% but lower than in Keeps).
- Some people say they could see an improvement in their hair.
- Others only mention the products are helpful.
- Most say the only use the full kit (all 4 products).
Regarding side effects – most complaints are about Finasteride.
Since it’s know to cause secondary reactions, it’s totally normal. 
However – some users complain about acne and breakouts.
If you ask me, they are because of the extra sugar (from the gummies).
Overall – Keeps and Hims had about the same per cent of positive results.
Since their top products are exactly the same – it’s normal.
However, it seems that Hims’ extra 2 products didn’t help too much.
#3 – Customers’ Opinion – WINNER: Keeps
Overall – Keeps has way more positive reviews than Hims.
Actually, I found many complaints indicating that Hims was a scam.
Though I don’t necessarily believe this – their practices might be a bit shady.
But let’s take a closer look at each.
Besides the results, many customers praise Keeps for:
- Really fast consultation and answers
- Money back guarantee
- Prices are listed correctly
- Fast shipping and product arrival
In other words – Keeps rocks in terms of customer service.
I actually found very few complaints about it at this chapter.
The only ones were related to the bad effect of the products (but that’s not necessarily their fault).
As I said, I found way more complaints compared to Keeps.
And most aren’t talking about the products itself (which are good, if you ask me).
- Some people say they were charged without being shipped the order.
- Others claim they paid $5 for the consultation.
- However, many of them were declined by Hims’ doctor.
- Even so, they never received those $5 back.
- Others complain that you can’t cancel your auto-shipping.
Basically – I found many reviews criticizing Hims’ practices.
Even though their products are good, the company seems to have some issues at this chapter.
No wonder it has some complaints on BBB (see more in my full review).
According to some previous users:
- Keeps is totally legit and honest with the customers
- Hims has some issues with refunds and shipping
You can’t trust all reviews, that’s true.
But considering there’s a high number of complaints on Hims – I personally wouldn’t buy from it.
Especially when you have the same products on Keeps.
#4 – Doctor’s Consultation – WINNER: Keeps
Finasteride can only be purchased with a medical prescription.
Since both brands offer it – they also offer a doctor consultation (online).
If the patient is approved for Finasteride, he receives the prescription and can place an order.
Otherwise – he can only go for Minoxidil, which doesn’t require a prescription.
It has the best offer when it comes to consultation:
- First consultation is free for everyone.
- Starting from the second, it costs $5.
- According to them, you need about 1 consultation per year.
So in my opinion – Keeps’ numbers are pretty good and decent (nothing overpriced).
And there’s one more thing.
The potential customers are contacted by the doctor very fast (1-2 days at most).
Plus – from what I read, most patients are approved for Finasteride (if it’s really needed).
So they’re not just trying to take away your money and decline you – which some competitors do.
Unlike Keeps, it has a few issues at this chapter:
- Every consultation costs $5 (even the first one).
- Many people are rejected, according to some reviews.
- However, some of these are approved in other brands.
As I said before, Hims’ practices are heavily criticized:
- some people say Hims only takes advantage of that $5
- they end up rejecting you for no real reason
- also, you’re not refunded those $5
Once again – I can’t guarantee this is true.
But considering I read this in lots of reviews, I assume it is so.
A doctor’s consultation for Finasteride is cheaper in Keeps.
If you only want to test the product out – I definitely recommend Keeps, as the first consultation is free.
As for Hims, I heard enough bad things.
#5 – Price – WINNER: Keeps
Overall, Keeps has a much better price – especially for the long term.
It’s also true that both brands have higher prices compared to a pharmacy.
So if you have a medical insurance, I wouldn’t recommend any of them.
But if you’re a discreet person – choosing these brands might be easier for you.
It has some slightly higher prices than a pharmacy.
But even so – it probably has the lowest costs among its competitors:
- First month order is free (no matter what products you buy).
- Finasteride costs $25 per bottle.
- As a 3 months supply, it costs $50 (first time only).
- From the second time on, it costs $75 per 3 months.
- Minoxidil costs $10 (solution) or $15 (foam) per month.
- A 3 months supply costs $20-$30 (first time).
- Afterwards, it costs $30 or $35.
Now – if you have a medical insurance, you can get these 2 products for less money.
But that involves going to your doctor and buying the from your pharmacy.
If you want to avoid that, Keeps can be really helpful.
Compared to Keeps, prices are a bit higher.
That especially if you want to buy Finasteride/Minoxidil alone (which I recommend).
- Finasteride costs $28.50 per month.
- As a 3 months supply, it costs $85.50.
- Minoxidil alone costs $15 per month.
Now – these are a few extra dollars compared to Keeps.
If you buy one of the 3 kits, price is better overall.
But since each kit contains at least one of those 2 additional products (gummies or shampoo) – I don’t recommend it.
These 2 products don’t make anything special – so there’s no point spending extra money, if you ask me.
When it comes to prices, Keeps has a better offer overall.
So out of these 2 brands, I definitely recommend choosing it over Hims.
But if you want to save some money – get a medical prescription and buy them from your local pharmacy.
#6 – PROs & CONs
If you’re still unsure whether Hims or Keeps is better…
Here’s a list of each’s advantages and downsides.
- Best price for Minoxidil/Finasteride among all competitors.
- No costs in the first month for any order.
- Free consultation for the first year (if needed).
- Doesn’t promote extra useless products.
- Many positive reviews online.
- Real refunds for unsatisfied customers.
- Prices are higher than in local pharmacies.
- Minoxidil/Finasteride have to be used for the rest of that patient’s life.
- Otherwise, hair loss returns and even worsens.
- Also offers products for ED, anxiety, etc.
- Besides Minoxidil and Finasteride, it sells 2 more hair products.
- Works for more than 60% men trying it.
- Lots of complaint about company practices.
- Higher prices than other competitors (like Keeps).
- Many patients are rejected after the doctor consultation for Finasteride.
- Enough complaints about the refunds.
- Minoxidil and Finasteride have to be used forever, once you start using them.
My Final Verdict – Hims Or Keeps?
Short answer: Pretty much Keeps – it scored better in most chapters:
- Hims won 1 chapter
- Keeps won 3 chapters
So in my opinion, Keeps is a much better choice overall.
- Lowest price among online brands selling Minoxidil + Finasteride.
- First order is free.
- Free doctor consultation (first time).
- Good prices even after the second purchase.
- Way more praises and positive reviews.
- Legit and trustworthy company.
Even though Hims also offers quality products (they’re the same after all) – it’s a bit more shady.
According to some reviews, many customers never received their order (despite paying it).
Also – it seems like many Finasteride customers are rejected after the doctor consultation.
Obviously, their payment is never refunded.
For this reason – here’s my advice:
- If you have a medical insurance, visit your local doctor.
- In this way, you can get the products cheaper from your local pharmacy.
- If you prefer discretion, you should try an online seller.
- Keeps has the best price and it’s probably the best rated seller.
- So I would recommend choosing it.
I personally don’t recommend either Minoxidil or Finasteride – as you can’t give them up, once you started them.
My personal choice is a $25 supplement designed for male hair loss.
Though it’s not FDA approved, it might have even better results than these 2 products.
So it’s your own choice in the end.