It’s time to review Profollica – because it looks like a promising hair loss solution for men:
- original ingredients
- safer than classic alternatives (Minoxidil + Finasteride)
- clinical evidence behind
So does this 2 products kit work? Is it as effective as it seems?
Or is Profollica is a scam – like many similar products on the market?
I tried to dig deep into this product and find out the exclusive details behind.
Note: This review is based on my own opinion + research on Profollica.
So Let’s Get To The Review
Full Name: Hair Recovery System For Men From Profollica
Versions: It offers 2 different products:
- Daily Supplement
- Activator Gel
However – they come as a kit, so you can only get the together (not separately).
Best Actual Price: $59.95 per kit (price is much better if you buy a larger quantity)
Cheapest Place To Buy: Profillica’s official website (Amazon has much higher prices)
Designed For: Male hair loss caused by DHT excess.
According to its website – it claims to:
- normalize levels of DHT and decrease hair fall out
- strengthen follicles and roots
- promote hair regrowth
My Rating: 8 out of 10 – It’s a great product actually
Worth Buying?: Yes – I definitely recommend it for male pattern hair loss:
- strong formula in both products
- pretty fast effect (compared to others)
- one of the few products with studies behind
- really good price overall ($60 for 2 products)
Plus – it has a 60 days money back guarantee.
So if you’re dealing with DHT hair loss/thinning, I definitely recommend Profollica.
What I Liked About It
- Quality ingredients (especially in the gel)
- Formulas are different from most products on the market
- Clinical evidence behind
- Many satisfied customers and positive opinions
- Effect appears pretty fast (1-2 months on paper)
- Good price overall (2 products included)
- Available on several retailers
- 60 days money back guarantee
- You can receive a refund for unopened bottles as well
What I Didn’t Like About It
- Supplement doesn’t contain any herbal extracts
- You can only buy the 2 products together (not separately)
- Gel smells a bit too strong
- Not effective for everyone
- Some people notice an effect after 3 or several months
#1 – Ingredients (9 out of 10)
To be honest – Profollica’s 2 products have some really good formulas:
- gel is based on herbal extracts
- also contains an original ingredient with studies behind (Trichogen)
- supplement contains many essential amino acids
Now – the supplement doesn’t have any herbal extracts inside, which I’m not very happy with.
But other than that, its formula looks promising (and unusual).
So let’s take a closer look at each of the 2 products.
1. Daily Supplement
Here’s the full formulation of this product:
Out of these ingredients – the most important ones are:
- Niacin – stimulates blood flow and scalp circulation. 
- Folic Acid – promotes nail and hair growth and prevents thinning.
- Biotin – the best vitamin against hair loss. 
- Zinc Oxide – a deficiency causes massive shedding and thinning. 
- L-Arginine – nourishes follicles and promotes growth.
- L-Tryptophan – fights against hair loss and maintains pigmentation. 
As I said – this formula is quite different from most products on the market.
Though it’s not my personal favorite, it has enough support evidence behind.
So there’s nothing to criticize about it.
2. Activator Gel
In my opinion – this formula is much better (compared to the supplement):
The top ingredients inside it are:
- Trichogen – blocks DHT excess and decreases hair loss. 
- Panax Ginseng Extract – improves blood flow and stimulates follicles. 
- Arginine – it’s an essential amino acid for hair growth.
- Hydrolyzed Soy Protein – strengthens and nourishes follicles.
- Kigelia Africana Extract – blocks DHT transformation. 
- Clary Extract – prevents follicles destruction by DHT excess.
- Cinnamomum Extract – normalized DHT levels and prevents scalp infections.
Overall – this formula looks excellent for a topical product.
Profollica’s both products come with unusual formulas:
- gel contains exotic herbs (with clinical evidence behind)
- its #1 ingredient is an original compound
- supplement is mostly based on amino acids
Both products have studies behind – while less than 5% of the hair products from the market do.
That tells a lot, in my opinion.
So it’s quite obvious these formulas work – and REALLY WELL actually.
That’s why I consider them worth trying.
#2 – Smell & Texture (8 out of 10)
Though I haven’t used Profollica myself – I could find enough info about its products.
And apparently, they’re not amazing in terms of looks.
Obviously – that’s only available for the gel (as the pills are odorless).
According to some reviews I read:
- gel has a very strong and intense smell
- it also has a medicinal flavor
- it goes away completely after about 1 day
Now – the smell isn’t very original, meaning that people won’t be able to detect it.
Or at least – they won’t be able to say it’s Profollica.
But it’s worth keeping in mind that the gel does smell quite intensely.
Regarding the pills – they are a bit thicker than most hair supplements.
That’s because they come as tablets (not gelatin pills, which are lighter).
But in my opinion – they’re easy to swallow once you get used to them.
Now let’s get back to the activator gel:
- transparent color
- medium consistency (not to light but not too thick either)
- can be applied easily
So Profollica’s pills and gel aren’t perfect – but they could be worse than that.
#3 – How To Use It (8 out of 10)
Profollica doesn’t offer clear directions online.
However – after doing a deep research, I managed to find the full instructions for both products.
So here’s how you should use the supplement:
- You need to take 2 pills per day.
- It’s up to you whether you take them together or not.
- My advice is to space them out (constant level in your body).
As I said – the pills might seem a bit thick at first.
But once you get used to it, swallowing them won’t be a problem.
The activator gel should be used as following:
- Make sure your hair is dry.
- Apply the product on the areas where you hair is thinning.
- Use your fingers to massage and spread the liquid.
- Let it sit for a few minutes (even 30).
- Do not rinse afterwards.
The product might make your hair a bit greasier than usual – but it won’t be a big deal.
Other than that, Profillica’s gel is easier to use compared to Minoxidil.
Since you only have to apply it once a day – it’s not very complicated.
#4 – Results (7 out of 10)
As I said before – I didn’t try Profollica myself.
Since it was only designed for male hair loss, I doubt it would have been too effective (or relevant).
However – I tried to find real users’ opinions and reviews.
In this way, you could see an unbiased perspective about this product.
Note: I only considered authentic reviews, not promotional ones.
1. What People Say
Profollica’s website has a lot of customer reviews.
But as official websites tend to be biased and only show praises, I didn’t include those ones here.
Instead – I checked Profollica’s page on Amazon.
It only has about 20 reviews overall (which isn’t very relevant).
But here’s what customers say about it:
- Some say it works really well and fast (1-2 months).
- Others claim it took them 3 months to see major results.
- A few others say it’s the best product they have used.
- Some praise the 60 days money back guarantee.
- Others complain it doesn’t work for them.
- Some also say it takes a longer time until it works (more than 1 month).
Since there are very few reviews on Amazon, it’s hard to draw a conclusion.
But one thing is clear – Profollica works in most cases, but it might take more than 2 months (as they claim).
So keep this in mind before starting to use it and be patient.
2. Biggest Complaints
As I said – there are some negative reviews as well. Most are related to:
- high price
- shipping isn’t free
- you can’t buy the products separately
- not effective for everyone
- takes a longer time to work
Even though the reviews are surely true, I don’t think they are 100% relevant.
That’s because there was about 1 user complaining of each thing.
If there had been at least 5 for each issue – it would have been different.
But in this case, I wouldn’t worry too much about these complaints.
Profollica has mixed reviews on Amazon (but only about 20 in total).
Since I avoided the reviews from its official website, it’s hard to draw a conclusion.
But judging after most customers – it’s a product worth trying:
- works for a pretty high number of users
- can decrease hair loss really well
- 60 days money back guarantee
- you can get a refund for unopened bottles
So considering its price, formula and features, Profollica is a product I would definitely recommend for male hair loss.
#5 – Price (8 out of 10)
Though it seems quite expensive at first sight – Profollica is quite affordable, I would say.
It’s all about taking a closer look.
1. The Exact Price
The official website has the lowest prices:
- Supplement + Gel costs $59.95 per month.
- Shipping costs at least $10 (depending the carrier you choose).
- You can’t buy the products separately, only as a kit.
- If you buy the 3/6 months supply at once, you get a discount.
- In these case, shipping is free.
Basically – $60 for 2 products isn’t that much.
If you make the calculations, it’s around $30 per product – which is quite decent for this kind of formula.
However, the #1 problem is that you can’t buy each product alone.
Some people might want only the pills, while others could want just the gel.
It’s really unfair not to have the possibility to buy one alone.
So that’s the only downside I can find when it comes to Profollica’s price.
Other than that – it’s more affordable than many other products on the market.
2. Worth It Or Not?
In my opinion – it’s definitely worth it:
- price is pretty good for 2 products
- you get a significant discount for larger quantities
- formula is really worth the money
Compared to other products – Profollica has an unusual formula, a trademark ingredient and clinical evidence behind.
And still, it costs around $30 per product (in the worst case).
Most DHT blockers have a basic formula, no trademark ingredients and no studies.
And even so – they cost over $40-$50 per bottle.
Plus, most don’t offer any guarantee – while Profollica offers a 60 days one and refunds unopened bottles.
At least that’s what its official website claims.
That’s why I think Profollica is totally worth it as this point.
#6 – Where To Find It (10 out of 10)
As I already mentioned – Profollica’s website has by far the lowest prices.
Other than that, you can also find it on:
Starting with Amazon – its prices are almost double compared to Profollica’s website.
Plus, it still doesn’t offer the products alone (only in kits).
Ebay is the only place where you can get each product separately.
However, prices are usually higher and so is the shipping.
That’s why I recommend going for Profollica’s official website (as the 2 products work better together anyway).
#7 – FAQs
Coming up, I will try to answer the most common questions about Profollica.
Note: I might repeat something I already mentioned, as it’s easier to spot here.
1. How long lasts one bottle?
According to the official website, each bottle is 1 monthly supply.
However – the gel can last longer or less (usually longer), depending on the quantity you use.
2. How often should you use it?
The directions are pretty clear:
- you need to take 2 pills per day (supplement)
- you have to apply it at least once daily (gel)
So both products have to be used on a daily basis.
3. Can you take it with other drugs?
I would recommend asking your doctor’s advice if you’re following a long term treatment.
The gel will surely not interact with anything – since it’s a topical product.
But there’s a minor risk of interactions for the supplement, that’s why it’s better to ask your doctor.
4. Are there any side effects?
Profillica actually brags that it’s free of any side effects (unlike competitors like Minoxidil/Finasteride).
Out of the reviews I checked out – none complained about any side effects.
That’s why I’m pretty sure it’s a very safe product.
5. How fast should you notice a change?
According to its official website – in as fast as 30-60 days.
However, most people claim they saw a results in 2-3 months (so one month longer than predicted).
There were some that saw an improvement from the first month.
But for the biggest part – it took about 2-3 months.
#8 – Final Conclusions
Here’s how I would sum up my opinion on Profollica.
#1 – Promising Formula
I’m mostly talking about the activator gel:
- contains several unusual herbal extracts
- based on a trademark ingredient (Trichogen)
- one clinical trial behind
Regarding the supplement – it also has a strong formula, but it’s not my personal favorite.
It’s based on amino acids + vitamins, so it’s surely effective.
#2 – Takes Longer To Work
Profollica’s official website claims it works as fast as 30 days (up to 60).
However – from most reviews I read, it’s not really so:
- the typical period is 2-3 months
- that’s a month longer than predicted
It’s true that some people noticed a change from the first month.
But most cases claimed it took them 2-3 months to see an improvement.
#3 – More Affordable Than It Looks
Profollica might sound expensive at $60 per month.
And I would be the first person to criticize its price – but there’s something to note:
- there are 2 products offered at these money
- that’s about $30 per product
- compared to others, that’s quite affordable
Plus – the gel sometimes lasts more than 1 month (depending on the quantity you use).
So Profollica’s products are surely not as pricey as they seem.
My Verdict – Is Profollica A Scam?
Short answer: Definitely not – it’s an excellent product actually.
In fact, it’s one of my top recommended products for male hair loss:
- Based on a excellent formula and an original ingredient.
- Has some clinical evidence behind.
- You get 2 products for $60 (good price).
- You get a 60 days money back guarantee + unopened bottle refunds anytime.
- Many satisfied and repeated customers.
- A lot safer compared to competitors.
Since you can test the product for free (by asking for a refund) – I definitely advise you to give it a try.
I haven’t used it personally, as it’s only designed for male hair loss.
But I would surely try it out, if I had this issue.
At this point – I think it’s one of the best male hair loss products (if not the very best).
So even though it looks a bit pricey, 2 products for $60 is a great deal actually.