It’s time to review Keeps for hair loss – a bunch of products designed to help men dealing with hair loss.
Honestly, Keeps looks excellent overall:
- offers FDA approved products
- all of them have many studies behind
- slightly better prices (than its competitors)
But is it all as good as it seems? You might find some unsatisfied customers, at one point.
So could Keeps be a scam?
Well, I tried to dig deep into its products – so here’s the truth I found out.
Note: This review is based on my opinion + research on Keeps.
So Let’s Get To The Review
Full Name: Keeps Hair Loss Products
Options: They have 2 products mixed up in 3 offers:
- Finasteride (for receding hairline)
- Minoxidil (for crown thinning)
- Finasteride + Minoxidil (for general hair loss)
Best Actual Prices: From $10 to $25 per month
Cheapest Place To Buy: Keeps’ official website
Designed For: Male pattern hair loss – it can help with:
- general or local thinning
- growing thicker hair
- decreasing the number of hairs lost per day
Keep in mind that none of Keeps’ products can grow new hairs on a bald scalp.
My Rating: 8 out of 10 – Best brand supplier for Finasteride + Minoxidil.
Worth Buying?: Yes – if you’re interested in these 2 products.
Compared to other suppliers, Keeps is professional and has lower prices than some competitors.
However – if you want to avoid the nasty side effects of these products, I recommend this $25 supplement instead.
What I Liked About It
- Offers quality products with actual studies behind
- Ingredients are FDA approved
- Many positive reviews available online
- Lower prices than some competing brands (Hims)
What I Didn’t Like About It
- Many side effects (especially Finasteride)
- Products must be used for the rest of your life to maintain the results
- Minoxidil needs to be applied twice a day
- Both need several months to start working
- Prices are higher than in local pharmacies (for Finasteride)
#1 – Ingredients (8 out of 10)
In terms of formula – Keeps’ products stick to the classic:
- both contain FDA approved substances
- each is focused on 1 ingredient (Finasteride or Minoxidil)
- there are several studies on each of the 2 ingredients
Basically – these products don’t bring anything new.
But that’s not the biggest issue.
Instead – due to the substances they contain, they have to be used for the rest of your life (if you want to maintain the results).
Now – let’s take a closer look at each of these 2 products:
1. Finasteride (1 mg)
It’s a 5α-reductase inhibitor with serious benefits for male hair loss:
- Can decrease and prevent hair thinning.
- Effective against Androgenetic Alopecia. 
- Does not regrow new hairs (on bald scalps).
However – this is far from a hair loss solution.
According to FDA, it can cause some serious side effects – especially sexual ones. 
So despite having some good results, its effect comes with a price (in certain men, not in all).
2. Minoxidil (5%)
This substance is a vasodilator – so it can help with hair growth:
- Increases scalp/follicle blood flow. 
- Reduces hair loss and thinning. 
- Can prevent an early baldness (especially in men). 
Now – unlike Finasteride, Minoxidil works for both men and women.
The only difference is that products designed for women tend to use the 2% version – while the male ones have a 5% concentration. 
Also, unlike Finasteride – Minoxidil’s side effects are more rare (and minor).
However – the biggest downsides are that:
- it needs about 4 months to start working
- hair falls out if you stop using it
Keeps’ products don’t bring in anything new – but they contain classic ingredients.
Like herbs (that I personally prefer instead), Minoxidil and Finasteride also have strong effects.
But unlike herbs – they have 3 big problems:
- Major side effects (Finasteride)
- A slower effect (Minoxidil)
- Must be used for the rest of your life (Both)
So basically – once you start using them, you have to continue the treatment forever (despite the downsides).
Otherwise, your hair will start falling out again (sometimes even worse than before).
That’s why I’m not a personal fan of these 2 drugs.
#2 – Smell & Texture (8 out of 10)
Basically – these look like regular Finasteride and Minoxidil, nothing new.
But if you never used any of them before – here’s a quick overview.
You can only find this product as pills (orange tablets):
- small to average dimensions
- no gelatin cover
- might be a bit hard to swallow (at first)
- no smell
Basically – tablets are way harder to take than gelatin pills.
But Finasteride doesn’t comes as large tablets – so swallowing shouldn’t be a big issues.
As long as you take them with enough water, you shouldn’t worry too much.
This ingredient comes in 2 forms:
Now – the solution tends to be a few dollars cheaper, but there’s no big difference.
Other than that, they both have the same smell. It’s only the texture that is different:
- foam is easier to use (in my opinion)
- solution tends to run out faster
- it’s also a bit harder to apply (since it’s liquid)
- in some cases, it can make your hair greasier faster
So my advice is to go for the foam, if you afford paying about extra $5.
#3 – How To Use Them (8 out of 10)
Here’s what you should know about their schedule.
All products based on this ingredient have the same schedule (whether they’re called Keeps, Propecia, etc.):
- You need to take 1 pill per day.
- It’s recommended to take it at about the same hour.
- Make sure to take it whole (without crushing it).
- Drink enough water to swallow it easily.
I would also add that taking the pill after eating is safer.
In this way – you can avoid any stomach cramps that are possible.
In my opinion – it takes way more time to use it, compared to Finasteride:
- Both solution and foam need to be applied 2 times a day.
- Make sure your hair and scalp is dry.
- You need about 1 ml solution every time.
- For the foam, half a capful every time should be enough.
- Spread the solution/foam using your fingers.
- Massage for a few seconds.
- Wash your hand but do not rinse the product from your scalp.
- Make sure you don’t wash your hair in the next 2-3 hours.
So if you ask me, the biggest downside is that you need to use it twice a day.
Besides – it takes a bit of times until it dries out (especially if you use the solution).
So you should keep this in mind before going for Minoxidil.
Once you start using it – you will have to do it for the rest of your life. At least if you want to maintain the results.
#4 – Results (8 out of 10)
As much as I wanted, I could not use any of Keeps’ products.
Since they were only designed for men – there was no way they could work for me.
Plus, my hair loss was rather general as not as severe as in male pattern hair loss.
So as I couldn’t test out these products myself – I tried to look for other users’ opinions.
Note: I only considered authentic reviews, not promotional ones.
1. What People Say
First of all – I did not look at reviews for all products containing Finasteride/Minoxidil.
As there are lots of brands selling this kind of products – it wouldn’t have been fair.
Instead, I only checked out the reviews about Keeps:
- Most users say it’s really effective for hair loss.
- Others claims it helps more than other brands (which is weird).
- Some praise the helpful staff.
- There are also a few unsatisfied customers.
So overall – it has 4.1 out of 5 stars on HighYa (no Amazon page).
These numbers are pretty good, if you ask me.
So in case you wondered if Keeps was a scam – these reviews are enough to see that it’s not.
2. Biggest Complaints
As I said – I found pretty few negative reviews on Keeps.
And out of those I found, most were related to:
- Shipping/delivery issues.
- Company’s refuse to refund them in special situations.
- The same effect as if you bought from other brands.
Now – regarding company and delivery problems, they are quite usual with every brand.
Someone will receive a wrong order at once point, another one will not receive the order and so on.
However, these situations are under 1%.
On the other hand – the last complaint is completely accurate:
- Minoxidil/Finasteride have the same results no matter where you buy them from
- If you bought them from another brand, they should work the same
Since there’s the exact same formula – this should make sense.
However, Keeps is a bit cheaper than its competitors (Hims is the best example) – so price isn’t really its weak point.
According to most reviews I found – Keeps’ products really work.
However, there’s one thing you should keep in mind:
- Once you start using these products, you have to use them forever.
- Otherwise, your hair will fall out just like before.
- So make sure you will afford the monthly price (for the rest of your life).
In order to avoid this issues (and other side effects) – I usually recommend another product for male hair loss.
It’s based on herbal extracts so its effect doesn’t disappear if you give it up.
Considering it’s pretty cheap – I think it’s a better option for many men.
#5 – Price (7 out of 10)
This isn’t the best thing about Keeps – but it’s surely not a downside either.
So here’s what you should know about its expenses.
1. The Exact Price
Here are the costs for Finasteride alone:
- It costs $25 per month.
- In order to be approved, you must have an online consultation.
- This is free for the first time, then it costs $5.
- If you want to buy a 3 months supply, it costs $50 (for the first time).
- Starting from the second time, a 3 months supply costs $75.
Now let’s go to Minoxidil treatment:
- It costs $10 per month (solution) or $15 (foam).
- For a 3 months supply, it costs $20 (for the first time).
- Afterwards, it costs $30-$35 per 3 months supply.
In case you want to order both – here are the prices:
- The kit costs $35 or $40 per month (depending on the form of Minoxidil).
- For a 3 months supply, it’s $70-$75 for the first time.
- Afterwards, it costs $105.
To be honest – these prices aren’t amazing, but they’re not huge either.
If you buy the 3 months supply, there’s a discount – however, that’s only for the first buy.
Starting from the second time, you pay as much as if you bought each supply alone.
So this could be a downside.
2. Pharmacy Prices
Compared to real-life prices, buying these products online is pricier:
- Finasteride is sometimes covered by insurance (partially).
- For this reason, it’s cheaper than $25 per bottle.
- On the other hand, Minoxidil costs about the same.
- However, you can find it on Amazon (from other brands).
- If you buy more bottles at once, you might get a lower price than in Keeps (but not always).
Basically – if you don’t mind getting a doctor appointment and talking about your problem, I recommend buying these products from your pharmacy.
The price is usually better (especially for Finasteride).
But if you want to avoid seeing your specialist – Keeps is a pretty good choice.
Compared to similar brands, its prices are a bit lower.
So out of those companies selling Minoxidil and Finasteride – Keeps probably has the best costs.
But compared to a pharmacy, it’s still more expensive (which is completely normal).
#6 – Where To Find Them (7 out of 10)
Keeps’ products are only available on its official website.
However – you can also find both Finasteride and Minoxidil in other places:
- Your local pharmacy (best price for Finasteride – but only with prescription)
- Amazon (Minoxidil only)
- Other supplement websites like Lucky Vitamins, iHerb, etc.
Except pharmacies – prices are about the same on Keeps and the other retailers.
There might be variations, but it depends from time to time.
That’s why you should check all retailers before placing your order (especially if you want the lowest price).
So all in all, both products are quite easy to find – but not as Keeps products.
In this case, you can only get them from the company’s official website.
#7 – FAQs
Up next, I will try to answer the top questions about Keeps’products.
Note: I might repeat something I already mentioned, but it’s easier to spot here.
1. How often should you use them?
According to the label – you should take one pill of Finasteride per day.
As for Minoxidil, it’s necessary to apply it twice daily.
2. How long lasts one bottle?
Keeps’ website sells each bottle as a monthly supply.
So from what I know, both products are meant to last one month.
3. Can I take it with other drugs?
Only your doctor can answer this question.
But as Finasteride needs a prescription – your doctor will ask you if you take other drugs and give you the best option.
As for Minoxidil, it’s quite safe to use (since it’s a topical product).
4. Are there any side effects?
Unfortunately – there are a lot of secondary reactions.
In fact, that’s one of the worst things about these products:
- Finasteride can cause sexual side effects.
- Minoxidil mostly causes local ones.
- The last ones include itching, scalp irritation, etc.
- Both products cause hair loss and thinning if they are stopped.
- So they must be used for the rest of your life, once started,
5. How fast should I notice a change?
This isn’t the strongest point of these products.
Minoxidil requires about 4 months before it starts working (which is a lot).
As for Finasteride – there’s no fixed period.
However, it needs about 3 months to show a change – so it’s still a long period.
#8 – Final Conclusions
Here’s how I would sum up my opinion on Keeps’ products (in 3 ideas).
1. Best Price Among Brands
Out of companies selling Minoxidil and Finasteride – Keeps has about the lowest costs:
- doctor consultation is free (first time)
- discount if you buy a 3 months supply
However – these prices are so low if you’re a first time customer.
Once you start buying from the constantly, they don’t seem as good anymore (ironically).
But either way – compared to brands like Hims or Roman, Keeps is slightly cheaper.
2. Dangerous Side Effects
That’s the sad truth about Finasteride (not so much about Minoxidil):
- cause side effects quite often
- affects sexual drive/performance in men
Though Minoxidil causes mostly local side effects, it has a mutual point with Finasteride.
They both cause massive hair loss and reverse symptoms if ever stopped.
So be ready to use them for the rest of your life, once you begin them.
3. Take Enough Time
None of Keeps’ products works very fast:
- Minoxidil needs about 4 months to start working
- Finasteride is only one month faster
So compared to certain herbal supplements – these products are surprisingly slower.
That’s why I don’t recommend them if you need a quick result.
They might work faster for one – but if the label says 4 months, I doubt it works faster too often.
My Verdict – Is Keeps Hair A Scam?
Short answer: Certainly not – the company and its products are 100% legit.
In fact, it’s my #1 recommended brand in a few cases:
- You want to buy Finasteride without consulting an actual doctor.
- You need to get Finasteride + Minoxidil together.
- Lastly, you want a subscription for these 2 products from a legit company.
Compared to other brands that sell Finasteride and Minoxidil – Keeps is a better choice:
- slightly lower products
- discounts for the first time buyers
- free doctor consultation (first time)
- cheap $5 fee afterwards (once a year usually)
Now – if you want to get the lowest price for these 2 products, I recommend going for your local drugstore.
As long as you have a prescription, Finasteride can be covered by insurance (so it’s cheaper).
Minoxidil has about the same price, though.
So do I recommend Keeps? Yes and No.
YES – because the company is trustworthy and its products work on the long term.
NO – because the products have serious side effects and have to be used for the rest of your life.
I personally recommend a herbal supplement designed for male hair loss instead:
- based on Saw Palmetto (#1 DHT blocker)
- doesn’t cause any major side effect
- no prescription needed
- doesn’t have to be used for the rest of your life
Obviously – it’s your own decision. But if you want to avoid the side effects and reverse symptoms – I definitely recommend this alternative.