It’s time to review HairMax LaserBand 82 – which is a product designed to treat hair loss and thinning:
- one of the few FDA cleared laser devices
- reputable producer
- enough satisfied users behind
But is this laser device worth the money? Or is it just another scam?
Well – I analyzed HairMax’s product in detail, so here’s what I found out about it.
Note: This review is based on my opinion + research on HairMax LaserBand 82.
So Let’s Get To The Review
Full Name: LaserBand 82 from HairMax
Versions: Only one
HairMax has another laserband, but it has a lower number of lasers (more about it here).
Best Actual Price: $799 (with the possibility to pay in monthly installments)
Cheapest Place To Buy: HairMax’s official website (much better features than Amazon)
Designed For: Hair growth, fall out and thinning:
- stimulates follicles via light energy
- increases density and fullness
- reverses thinning
- decreases shedding and hair loss
So it’s mostly designed for alopecia, age-related hair loss and thinning, pattern hair loss, etc.
It’s not the kind of product that would grow healthy/long hair faster.
My Rating: 9 out of 10
Worth Buying?: Yes – but as long as you afford it:
- lower price than most similar products
- same effect in terms of intensity
- shorter treatment session (only 90 seconds)
- one of the few products that allows installments payment
In terms of laser BANDS, it’s surely my #1 recommended product.
Still – if $800 is too much for you, I recommend a cheaper alternative from the same brand.
What I Liked About It
- Superior technology (82 lasers and 246 total laser coverage)
- One of the few FDA-cleared products
- A treatment session only lasts for 90 seconds
- Daily use isn’t required (only 3 times/week)
- Many satisfied users
- Lowest price among laser bands
- Much cheaper than most laser devices (especially caps)
- HairMax’s official website allows installments payment
What I Didn’t Like About It
- Not helpful for every hair problem
- Doesn’t grow long hair out
- Still expensive for many people (though cheaper than other products)
#1 – Technology (10 out of 10)
LaserBand 82 works through the same mechanism as most laser devices.
But it’s its shorter treatment duration that makes the difference.
1. How It Works
As I said, laser products use the same technology – laser light energy (photobiostimulation) :
- The diodes from its surface release laser energy.
- This reaches and penetrates hair follicles.
- Firstly, it stimulates growth cycle.
- It also strengthens follicles and decreases thinning process.
- Plus, it’s also helpful for rejuvenating aging hair.
Basically – this therapy can speed up hair growth but it also decreases thinning and shedding.
That’s what makes it so successful.
And HairMax’s devices itself are probably the best laser products on the market:
- some of the few that are FDA-cleared (approved)
- have clinical evidence behind  
- shorter treatment sessions than other devices
So in terms of technology – LaserBand 82 really deserves its praises.
2. LaserBand 82 VS Other Laser Devices
Now, what’s the difference between this product and other laser devices?
Well – there are 3 kinds of laser devices:
The main difference is the area the cover.
COMBS need to be brushed throughout the scalp manually, while CAPS only need to be placed on the head.
BANDS are somewhere in-between: you have to change their position one or 2 times per use.
- combs require a longer time/use (compared to caps)
- however, they need to be used the same number of times/week
- also, the effect appears after the same period
Basically – caps are nothing better than combs. They are only easier to use (and obviously much pricier).
And bands are somewhere between them, from all points of view.
However – LaserBand 82 is totally different than a regular laser band:
- You only have to use it for 90 seconds/session.
- Frequency is 3 times/week.
- Treatment time is much faster than any other laser device (including caps).
Basically – despite being a laser BAND, HairMax’s product works much quicker than classic laser CAP.
That even though it covers a smaller surface.
Not to mention that it’s way cheaper than a laser cap.
So when it comes to technology – HairMax’s product is clearly superior to many.
LaserBand 82 uses the same mechanism than most laser devices (light energy).
However – its technology is superior:
- only needs to be used for 90 seconds
- you don’t even have to use it daily (as other products require)
Now – the results don’t appear any faster, that’s for sure.
But in terms of treatment session time, LaserBand 82 has a major advantage.
So its mechanism is definitely awesome.
#2 – How To Use It (10 out of 10)
Like most laser devices – LaserBand 82 offers very clear directions.
However, the advantage it has over its competitors is the shorter treatment time (as I already mentioned).
1. The Instructions
HairMax offers some detailed directions and even a video on this product:
- Begin by charging it to a full battery.
- Turn the device on using the special button.
- Place it on the top part of your head (with the thinner part in front).
- After 30 seconds, the device starts vibrating.
- This is the signal that you’re done with the first part.
- Slide the device on the next part of your head and repeat.
- Do not take the device off after you finish a section, just slide it.
- In total, you should have 3 sections (30 seconds each).
The procedure itself is very simple and there shouldn’t be any issues.
Here’s the video instructions, so that you can understand better:
2. Extra Tips & Schedule
Using this device is so easy mostly because of its built:
- you’re told when you need to move to the next section
- you only need 30 seconds/section
Just keep in mind that when moving to the 2nd/3rd section, you only have to slide the device.
Don’t take it off.
If you do this, the count will start from 0 and that will really confuse you. Especially at first.
In terms of frequency – you only need to use LaserBand 82 3 times/week.
That’s about every 2 days and it’s a great advantage (some laser devices require daily use).
#3 – Results (9 out of 10)
My hair problems weren’t suitable for laser devices.
That’s why I have never tried LaserBand 82 – so I don’t have a personal experience with it.
However, I tried to analyze its previous users’ experiences with it.
In this way – you could get an unbiased view on this product.
Note: I only included authentic reviews, not promotional ones.
1. What People Say
First of all – HairMax’s device has an average of 4 stars on Amazon (out of 53 reviews).
On its official website, the average is 4.3 stars (out of 90 reviews).
Since the reviews from both websites are legit and made by real users – I included both in my analysis.
So here’s what most people say about LaserBand 82:
- Some praise its effect for growing new hairs.
- Others claim it’s great against thinning.
- Many say it helped regrow their hair on balding spots.
- Enough users praise it lower price (compared to competitors).
- Also, I found many praises on its installments payment option.
Basically – I found many users satisfied with this device.
Most were satisfied in terms of effect, but I found enough praises on its features and pricing.
On the negative side, I also found some complaints (though more rare):
- Some people criticize the customer service (mostly on Amazon).
- Others say it doesn’t work as well as they expected.
- Some claim it helped them, but it took more than 6 months.
- A few say it didn’t work for them at all.
Now – it’s obvious that no product can work for every single user.
But keep in mind that laser devices aren’t designed for every hair problem.
So if you’re only trying to grow your hair longer with this device – don’t expect it to help much.
2. Biggest Praises (According To Users)
Some of the reviews I read were highly praising HairMax’s device.
Apparently – the best things about it are:
- Price (compared to similar products)
- Option to pay in up to 12 installments
- Effect in terms of hair growth/shedding/thinning
- 2 years warranty
- Shorter treatment time
As I already said, it also has some complaints.
So it’s surely not a perfect product that works in 100% of cases.
Even so – the per cent of satisfied customers is way above 65%.
So this tells a lot about this device’s quality.
HairMax LaserBand 82 has a positive feedback overall:
- more than half of its users are satisfied
- many praises in terms of effect
- lots of 5 stars reviews
It surely not works for everyone – some of its complaints stand as a proof.
But overall, it’s a great choice in terms of customer feedback.
#4 – Price (8 out of 10)
Compared to most laser devices – LaserBand 82 is actually quite cheap.
So from this point of view, I say it’s worth considering it.
1. The Exact Price
First of all – price is about the same in all sellers:
- Device costs $799 normally.
- Shipping it free at this amount.
- On HairMax’s official website, there’s a $100 discount.
- You also receive some extra products as a gift.
Now, $800 is surely not a low price at all.
But laser devices are not for everyone – and those interested in them know that they tend to be very expensive.
Actually, $800 is a pretty decent price overall.
Especially for a product that only requires 90 seconds of use.
Besides, all HairMax products come with a unique feature – you can pay in installments:
- HairMax’s official website is the only one offering this option
- you can pay in up to 12 monthly installments
- price begins from $74.14
- other retailers only allow full payment at once (even Amazon)
So from this point of view, LaserBand 82 is quite a good choice.
2. Competitors’ Price
For a high-quality laser device, LaserBand 82 has a decent price.
Let’s take Capillus products:
- they’re mostly laser CAPS that the same effect (as HairMax’s product)
- they require daily use
- price is around $1000 and $3000
It’s true that Capillus has a long history and its devices are laser caps.
But in terms of effect – they work just like LaserBand 82.
Plus, they’re actually harder to use (since you have to apply them daily).
On the other hand – my #1 recommended laser device is another product from HairMax.
It’s called LaserComb Ultima 9 – so let’s compare it with LaserBand 82:
- Both products have to be used 3 times/week.
- Ultima 9 has a treatment session of 11 minutes.
- LaserBand 82 only requires 90 seconds per session.
- However, their overall effect is just the same.
- Also, Ultima 9 is a bit harder to use (it has to be combed manually).
- In terms of price, Ultima 9 is much cheaper (around $200).
- On the other hand, LaserBand 82 costs around $800.
Basically – both products do the same, but one requires a longer time/session.
Obviously, it’s also much cheaper.
So it’s totally up to you which of those you chose, because they have the same final effect.
And in terms of price – they’re both my #1 pick from its category (combs and bands).
In terms of price – LaserBand 82 might seem a bit pricey at first.
But compared to other laser devices, it’s actually quite affordable:
- great quality/price ratio
- you’re allowed to pay in installments
If you’re on a tighter budget and you can’t afford paying $800 for a laser device, I recommend a similar product from the same brand.
It’s a bit harder to use but it has the same effect for a much lower price ($200).
But in terms of quality and price, LaserBand 82 is really worth it.
Especially when compared to pricier products.
#5 – Availability (10 out of 10)
Fortunately – you can find all HairMax products easily:
- main seller is the official website
- also available on 3rd party retailers (Amazon, Ebay, etc.)
Now – to be honest, I strongly recommend buying any HairMax product from its official website.
I know Amazon seems like a more comfortable option for most people.
But if you want the best price overall, you should go for HairMax’s website:
- price itself is lower than on Amazon
- you get a 2 years warranty
- you can return the product and get all money back for 6 months
- installments payment available
- you get some extra gifts for LaserBand 82
On the other hand, Amazon doesn’t offer any of these features.
Plus – it tends to have a higher price in most cases.
So I strongly recommend going for HairMax’s website (at least if you want the best offer).
#6 – Final Conclusions
Here’s how I would sum up my opinion on LaserBand 82 in 3 ideas.
#1 – Potent Technology Used
Laser light energy is a very promising mechanism (in terms of hair effects):
- works directly onto the follicles
- speeds up growth
- reduces thinning and prevents hair loss
- grows hair in balding/thinning areas
Besides – it also seems excellent for aging hair (especially cases of thinning).
There’s no wonder this technology is FDA cleared and has enough studies behind.
#2 – Shorter Treatment Time
Unlike most laser devices – LaserBand 82 requires a much shorter time for a treatment session:
- you only have to use it for 90 seconds
- frequency is 3 times/week
Many similar products require daily use (and sometimes even around 15 minutes).
However, the final effect isn’t any little bit better.
So from this point of view, HairMax’s product has a major advantage here.
#3 – Cheaper Than It Seems
It’s true that this device looks quite expensive at $800.
But compared to other similar products – it’s not.
So from this point of view – it’s an excellent deal overall.
Especially if you’re looking for a quality laser device for a decent cost.
My Verdict – Is LaserBand 82 Worth It?
Short answer: Honestly, it’s worth it.
It’s one of the best laser devices I know – and surely the best laser BAND:
- Shorter treatment duration that most products.
- Only needs to be used 3 times/week.
- Many satisfied users.
- Pretty good price/quality (especially compared to others).
- You can pay in monthly installments.
Now – if you’re on a very tight budget and you want a laser device, this one is surely too pricey.
In this case, I recommend Ultima 9 from the same HairMax:
- best laser device in terms of quality/price
- lowest price on the market
- works just as well as pricier products
Compared to LaserBand 82, Ultina 9 is a bit harder to use (since you have to comb it manually).
Also, you have to use it for about 11 minutes/session (versus 90 seconds).
But if LaserBand 82 is too expensive for you – Ultima 9 is worth the extra effort.
After all, they have the same effect overall.
Still – if you prefer an easier-to-use laser device and you don’t want to spend a fortune, LaserBand 82 is my #1 recommendation.