It’s time to review Dr. Berg Hair Formula – because I heard many things about it.
I’ve tried some of Dr. Berg’s products and most of them are pretty effective. So is this Hair Formula just as good?
Let’s find out the truth about it – in the following lines.
Note: This review is based on my personal opinion + research about Dr. Berg Hair Formula.
So Let’s Get To The Review
Full Name: Hair Formula Supplement from Dr. Berg
Versions: Only 1 month supply (60 pills)
Best Actual Price: $41.42 (quite pricey)
Cheapest Place To Buy: Amazon or the official website (price is the same).
Designed For: Hair growth in general – according to the official description:
- adds a vitamin boost
- strengthens hair and decreases hair loss
- supports healthy hair
It’s also designed to support nail and skin health (though it’s a hair formula first).
My Rating: 7.50 out of 10 – It’s a decent supplement, but not the best one.
Worth Buying?: Not really – I think it’s far too expensive for what it offers:
- ingredients could be much better
- enough negative reviews
It’s surely not a bad supplement – especially if you have money to spare.
But I personally recommend a cheaper supplement with a better formula instead.
What I Liked About It
- Pills are easy to swallow
- Works pretty fast in many cases (in less than 1 month)
- Also works for nails and skin smoothing
- You can find it in several retailers
- Many authentic reviews online
What I Didn’t Like About It
- Ingredients aren’t very effective (most have unknown benefits for hair)
- Some pills are empty or partially filled
- Many negative reviews
- Probably doesn’t work for men hair loss
- Very expensive at $41 per bottle
#1 – Ingredients (7 out of 10)
Dr. Berg’s supplement doesn’t have a classic formula:
- not entirely plant-based
- doesn’t contain the usual vitamins/minerals
- not many ingredients
So it’s surely not the best formula I’ve ever seen. But it’s not terrible either.
Let’s take a closer look at each ingredient (there are only 7):
1. Calcium (2.5 mg) – promotes hair strength.
2. Biotin (1000 mcg) – it’s called “the hair vitamin”, because of its many benefits :
- thickens hair
- stimulates hair growth and health
3. Hydrolyzed Fish Collagen Type I + III (700 mg) – it’s not the best ingredient for hair, but it can help with growth and strengthening .
4. Nutritional Yeast (94 mg) – it’s a great source of vitamin B complex, that is helpful for hair:
- improves dry and brittle hair 
- decreases hair loss
5. ConcenTrace AC (50 mg) – this is a trademark ingredient based on liquid minerals.
I couldn’t find any info related to hair.
6. Horsetail Powder (50 mg) – it’s the best herb for hair strength:
- rich in selenium
- improves hair texture
- strengthens hair roots considerably 
The only observation I have is that 50 mg is quite a low dose. Many supplements contain 100 mg instead.
7. Stinging Nettle Extract 4:1 (50 mg) – can decrease hair loss really fast and boost the growth of new hairs.
The dose is also really good (50 mg).
Dr. Berg’s supplement doesn’t have a very good formula, in my opinion.
Out of the 7 ingredients, only 3 have major benefits for hair – biotin, Horsetail and Stinging Nettle.
The other 4 may be helpful, but I doubt they can have any major benefit. At least I couldn’t find any info on that.
#2 – How To Take It (9 out of 10)
Here’s what I would point out about Dr. Berg’s pills and schedule.
1. The Pills
They are quite easy to swallow:
- covered in gelatin
- average dimensions
The only problem I have is that some pills are half filled.
Normally, you would think the capsules broke off, right? However, they look intact – which is pretty weird…
So if you find a lot of free powder in the bottle – some of the pills should be partially filled.
Obviously, that’s a pretty big problem:
- You’re getting a much lower dose
- That empty powder is wasted away
- So you’re also losing some money
2. The Schedule
As with most supplements – you need to take 2 pills per day:
- there’s no word about taking them with food (or not)
- you can take them together or space them out
So in terms of schedule, Dr. Berg’s product is pretty flexible.
#3 – Results (7.50 out of 10)
Unlike other products from Dr. Berg – the Hair Formula doesn’t seem to work so well for everyone.
Obviously, it’s an effective product for some. But I found many negative reviews about it.
Note: I didn’t try this product myself – but I read all the reviews I could find about it (only authentic ones).
So here’s what people say about Hair Formula:
- Some say it really speeds up both hair and nails growth.
- Others say that even their facial hair started growing faster.
- However, some people complain it’s pricey.
- Others say it’s not that effective as others.
- A few complained about some of the pills being empty.
Basically – Dr. Berg’s supplement works for some, but many others aren’t very satisfied.
However, I didn’t find any opinion about baldness and whether it helps or not.
In fact, I didn’t find any opinion from a men – which says a lot.
Overall – I would probably not recommend this Hair Formula:
- works for about 60% of customers
- (probably) not effective for male hair loss
- for this kind of effect – it’s a bit expensive
So Dr. Berg’s product is surely not bad – especially if you’re a woman.
But for about $15 less, you can get a much better formula that works for both men and women.
So that’s what I recommend instead.
#4 – Price (6 out of 10)
That’s the biggest downside of this supplement, in my opinion.
For what it offers – Dr. Berg’s product is too pricey, that’s what I think.
So I would think twice before buying it.
1. The Exact Price
On every website where it’s available, Hair Formula costs the same:
- $41.42 plus about $3 shipping – normally
- $36.52 plus shipping – if you go for monthly auto-shipping
To be honest – that is a really high price.
Considering its formula and what it offers, I would say Dr. Berg’s product is really overpriced.
However, that doesn’t come as a surprise – since most products from this company are quite pricey.
Anyway – back to this hair supplement, there are much better alternatives.
2. Competitor’s Price
Thing is – you can get a better supplement for less money.
I’m talking about Folexin, which is my #1 recommendation for hair growth.
So let’s compare it directly with Dr. Berg’s Hair Formula:
- Folexin contains almost 30 ingredients (vs 7 in Dr. Berg).
- Folexin works for both men and women.
- Also, it normally costs $25 per bottle (vs $41).
- When you buy a larger pack, it costs around $18 (vs $36).
- Folexin has lots of positive reviews behind.
There are some other things I could say about Folexin – but I will only stick to price issues.
So compared to Dr. Berg’s Hair Formula, it’s way cheaper.
That’s why it’s my top recommendation – so obviously, it’s the product I recommend instead.
#5 – Where To Find It (8 out of 10)
Fortunately – Dr. Berg’s product quite easy to find.
1. The Sellers
You can buy Hair Formula from 2 main retailers:
- Dr. Berg’s official website
Now – you can also find it on websites like Ebay, vitamins shops or even drugstores.
But if you really want to buy it – I would recommend the first 2 websites. They are safer and have the best prices overall.
2. The Prices
Now – you might think Hair Formula is cheaper on the own website (compared to Amazon). Wrong.
It costs exactly the same from both sources – $41.42.
But truth is:
- Dr. Berg’s website does indeed offer a discount
- but you have to choose monthly auto-shipping
- even so, it’s $36.42 – so only $5 less
But even so, it’s still too expensive.
At least I wouldn’t spend so much on a hair supplement, when there are cheaper alternatives.
#6 – FAQs
I will try to answer the most common questions about Dr. Berg’s Hair Formula.
Note: I might repeat something I mentioned previously – but it’s more visible here.
1. How many pills per day?
According to the label – 2.
You can either take them together or space them out throughout the day – whatever is more comfortable for you.
2. How long lasts 1 bottle?
It’s designed for one month.
However, many people complained that some pills are empty or just partially filled. So in this case, it might last even less than 1 month.
PS: If you receive this kind of bottle, just contact customer support and they should send you another one.
3. Can I take it with other drugs?
I think you can – since it contains mostly natural stuff.
You can ask your doctor first (in case you’re following a long term treatment). But normally, there shouldn’t be any interaction.
4. Are there any side effects?
The label doesn’t mention any specific one.
Besides, I didn’t find any review complaining about that. So normally, you shouldn’t experience any serious issue.
At most – digestive problems (but even those are rare).
However, if you do experience any symptom and you think it’s caused by this supplement – just give it up.
If it’s a serious problem, you should contact a doctor – but there are very few chances that this happens, as I said.
5. How fast should I notice an effect?
The label doesn’t mention anything on that.
But from what I read – most people could see an effect pretty fast, within a few weeks.
On the other hand, others said it didn’t work even after finishing the 3rd bottle.
So you should see if it works or not from the first bottle.
#7 – Final Conclusions
Here’s how I would sum up my opinion on Dr. Berg’s Hair Formula.
1. Formula Could Be Better
In my opinion, the ingredients aren’t amazing:
- only 7 substances in total
- just 3 have major benefits for hair growth
- I couldn’t find lots of info about the rest
So I personally would add some other traditional herbs for hair loss.
2. Works For More Than 50%
Despite the ingredients, the product seems to work:
- some people say they could see a change in less than 1 month
- others say that both their hair and nails grow faster
- there are some that praise it for its skin benefits
After all, there’s no surprise – since it’s designed for hair, nails and skin.
However, I also found several negative reviews about it.
That’s the biggest complaint everyone has on Hair Formula.
At $41 per bottle – it’s way too pricey to buy it constantly.
So I would not recommend Dr. Berg’s Hair Formula – you can get something better for almost $20 cheaper.
My Verdict – Is Dr. Berg Hair Formula Worth It?
Short answer: Not really – even though it’s a decent supplement.
But considering it costs $41 per month – I don’t think it’s worth it:
- Ingredients aren’t something special.
- There are enough unsatisfied customers.
- Other supplements are much cheaper.
I’m not contesting that it works – but you simply can get something even better for less money.
So what I recommend instead? A supplement called Folexin:
- has the best formula I’ve seen
- I noticed an effect in less than 1 month
- works for both men and women
- also helps thinning hair and adds volume
- way cheaper at $24 per month
Obviously – it’s up to you what you choose.
If you have enough money to spare, you could try Dr. Berg’s supplement. But if you want the best thing, my advice is to go for Folexin.
So hopefully you pick the right thing for you!