It’s time to review Unite 7 Seconds Shampoo & Conditioner.
I used to buy the shampoo + conditioner pack together for about $40. But it’s not available anymore.
So at this point – you can find each for about $30, which is kind of pricey to me.
So are these 2 products worth buying? Or you should get something cheaper instead? Let’s find out the real deal about them.
Note: This review is based on my personal experience with these 2 products.
So Let’s Get To The Review
Full Name: 7 Seconds Shampoo/Conditioner from Unite Hair
Sizes: 10 oz for the shampoo, 8 oz for the conditioner
Best Actual Price: Around $30 for each
Cheapest Place To Buy Them: Amazon or Ebay, depending which you like most.
Ebay has the lowest prices ever – but it’s not as safe as Amazon.
Designed For: Dehydrated hair mostly:
- both contain hydration ingredients
- the conditioner also prevents color fading
My Rating: 7.50 out of 10 – Not amazing for the money.
Worth Buying?: In my opinion, no. I just see them as 2 overpriced products:
- they do their job in terms of hydration
- but they don’t work any better than $15 products
So in my case, they didn’t have any special results. That’s why I recommend a product that is way cheaper but works much better.
What I Liked About Them
- Nice smell and texture
- The conditioner contains Argan oil and Shea butter (or something derived from them)
- Moisturize the hair pretty well
- 2 different sizes available
- You can find them on many retailers, including their official website
What I Didn’t Like About Them
- Didn’t make my hair much smoother or softer than before
- You need a pretty high quantity of shampoo per wash
- I’m not a fan of the ingredients
- Pretty expensive for how they work
#1. Ingredients (8 out of 10)
To be honest – Unite 7’s ingredients don’t look bad, but not too good either.
But let’s take them by turn:
It contains ingredients derived from several sources:
- Coconut – responsible for cleaning the hair
- Minerals and vitamin B12 – for shine
- Potatoes – for extra strength
I did a quick research about these ingredients and I couldn’t find a lot.
From what I know, coconut compounds are pretty weak when it comes to cleansing. So I’m not sure if they’re as effective as the producer claims.
Unlike the shampoo, it focuses more on moisturizing.
It also contains ingredients from many sources:
- Argan Seeds and Green Tea – for conditioning
- Orange, Lemon and Apple Extract – for moisturizing and fragrance
- Shea Butter – for nourishing and shine
- Minerals – for protection and extra shine
These ingredients look a bit better – compared to the shampoo. But they’re still not my favorites.
Except Argan Oil and Shea Butter, the others aren’t that hydrating (as far as I know).
2. Texture & Smell (9 out of 10)
There isn’t a lot to say about Unite’s products at this chapter.
But I will try to give you as many details as I can.
The shampoo and the conditioner are pretty similar:
- both have a whitish color
- the conditioner is a bit thicker
- the shampoo is very light
There’s only one thing I didn’t like about the shampoo – it doesn’t foam a lot.
So you need to use a larger quantity than normal, which means that it will run out faster than other shampoos.
That’s one of the downsides I found about it.
At this chapter, I kind of enjoyed Unite 7’s products:
- very light, refreshing smell
- it’s not too strong overall
- doesn’t stay in your hair forever (or you don’t constantly feel it)
Concluding – I may not love the shampoo in terms of foam, but the conditioner looks and smells pretty good.
#3. How They Work (8 out of 10)
I can’t say I was disappointed by Unite 7’s products.
They did work – but to me, they didn’t seem any better than regular products (especially the conditioner).
Once again, let’s take them by turn:
It did its job overall:
- Cleans up the scalp well enough
- Didn’t make my hair greasier – so I didn’t have to wash it more often
- As I said, it just didn’t foam a lot
- So you have to use a higher quantity than you would normally
Now – I don’t have super greasy hair, so I can’t tell its effect on this hair type.
But it didn’t make my hair oilier overall – so I don’t think it has any negative effect.
Here’s how it works:
- Moisturizes the hair well enough (especially the ends)
- Prevents hair from getting frizzy
But to be honest – it didn’t help my hair more than $15 products.
It didn’t feel softer or more hydrated than before – even though I used it several times. For a $30 conditioner, it wasn’t too impressive.
#4. How To Apply Them (10 out of 10)
Both the shampoo and the conditioner are really easy to use.
You can find any other extra info on the label:
- Apply the shampoo on your wet hair.
- I advise you to use it only once/wash (it will last for longer).
- As I said, it doesn’t foam as much as other shampoos.
- After you rinse, apply the conditioner (add more on the ends).
- Let it sit for about 5 minutes (that’s what I recommend).
- Then you can rinse as usual.
It’s surely not complicated – just like with every other shampoo or conditioner.
#5. Quantity (9 out of 10)
Here I will refer mostly to the sizes and forms of these products. So let’s take them by turn.
I could find it in 2 sizes only:
- the regular form (10 oz)
- the larger pack (33.8 oz)
Now – the 33.8 oz version is a much better deal as a price. But it costs around $70 – so I doubt someone would pay so much without trying it first.
So if you never used this shampoo before – the 10 oz version is probably much better.
I personally wished there was an in-between form – somewhere around 20 oz.
It also exists in similar sizes:
- 8 oz form
- 33.8 oz pack
However, I couldn’t find the larger pack on Amazon. So keep in mind that it exists – but they simply don’t have it there.
#6. Price (8 out of 10)
To be honest, the shampoo and the conditioner aren’t really cheap.
But in my opinion – they are too expensive for what they can do. Here’s the thing:
- they cost around $30 each (the 10/8 oz version)
- for me they didn’t work better than $15 products
- the shampoo also lasts less than others of the same size
Now – I’m not saying they’re bad. That’s not what I meant.
The point is – they’re too expensive for what they do. They work just like $15 shampoos and conditioner – there’s no big difference.
So I kind of feel they’re a bit overpriced.
It could be because of their brand (Unite 7 is a serious company) or who knows?
But the point is – I personally wouldn’t buy them again, at this price.
#7. Final Conclusions
Here are the main things you should know about United 7’s shampoo and conditioner.
1. Uncommon Ingredients
At least that’s my personal opinion:
- they both contain lots of herbal extracts
- I couldn’t find many info about them (related to hair)
So I can’t really tell if the claims from the official website are true.
For example – they claim their coconut derived substances are great for cleansing the hair.
Well – I couldn’t find much info about those compounds and hair. That’s why I’m not really impressed with the ingredients.
2. Work Best Together
I recommend using both the shampoo and the conditioner:
- their effect is much better together
- the label also recommends this (though it’s pretty obvious)
3. Pretty Overpriced
Considering what they can do, I don’t think they’re worth the money.
Speaking from my experience:
- work similar to cheaper products
- you sometimes need a higher quantity
So I think both the shampoo and the conditioner cost too much for what they offer.
My Verdict – Are Unite 7 Products Worth It?
Short answer: Not really, to be honest.
They’re not bad products at all – but I didn’t see a big difference between them and $15 products. There’s only a double price:
- both the shampoo and the conditioner work fine
- but they didn’t make my hair look like “wow”
- it wasn’t softer or smoother than usual
So I just didn’t see a difference that would be worth an extra $15.
Plus – I’m not a big fan of Unite 7’s ingredients. I just couldn’t see any proof of their benefits.
Obviously, I’m not saying the company has fake claims – but I think they’re not as amazing as they claim them to be.
So overall – I would not buy Unite 7’s shampoo and conditioner again.
For $30, you can get several bottles of a better shampoo/conditioner. That’s what I would recommend instead.