It’s time for my BioSil Hair Growth review – because it’s a very affordable supplement.
- BioSil isn’t designed only for hair
- It also claims to help nails and skin
But I was mostly interested in its hair benefits – so does it really help with that? Or it’s too cheap to be true?
Let’s find out the truth behind.
Note: This review is based on my personal experience with BioSil.
So Let’s Get To The Review
Full Name: BioSil Capsules by Natural Factors
Sizes: 30, 60 or 120 counts – I will focus on the 30 one in this review.
Best Actual Price: Around $20 (for the 30-days supply)
Cheapest Place To Buy: Probably Amazon. You can also find it on Ebay even cheaper (but it’s less safe).
Designed For: It’s made for hair, nails and skin support. According to the label – here’s how it helps the hair:
- thickens and adds volume
- strengthens hair
It’s also good for fine lines and wrinkles (great benefit).
My Rating: 8 out of 10
Worth Buying?: Yes, but only as a skin supplement.
As a hair growth product, I surely don’t recommend it:
- doesn’t really regrow hair
- it does nothing for decreasing hair loss
- it’s only good for adding extra strength
So even though it’s a great health supplement – BioSil isn’t really the best choice for hair.
For about the same price – you can get an excellent formula that works way better for hair.
What I Liked About It
- Great ingredients for skin (with many studies behind)
- Reduces fine wrinkles in 1-2 months
- Also strengthens hair and nails
- Pills are easy to swallow
- Really affordable
- You can find it in 3 different sizes
- Available in many retailers (even worldwide)
What I Didn’t Like About It
- Pretty weak formula for hair
- No herbal extract or ingredient designed to fight hair loss
- Didn’t do much for my hair overall
- Doesn’t work for hair loss/growth (especially in men)
#1 – Ingredients (6 out of 10)
Honestly – BioSil’s formula looks pretty weak for a hair supplement.
So in my opinion, it’s more of an anti-wrinkle formula than a hair one.
Now – let’s take a closer look at the ingredients. There are only 2:
1. Silicon (ch-OSA) – 5 mg
This substance is known as “Choline-Stabilized Orthosilicic Acid” .
The good news is that it has lots of studies behind – which means it’s a quality ingredient.
So here’s how it can help:
- smooths and hydrates skin
- decreases hair frizziness
- prevents hair and nails from breaking down 
Basically – there’s lots of information on this ingredient, so I’m sure it’s a beneficial substance.
2. Choline (as ch-OSA) – 100 mg
This substance is similar to vitamin B and it’s involved in the production of 2 major proteins:
For this reason – it’s essential if you want a firm skin.
Regarding hair, choline seems to strengthen the roots and prevent breakage. However – it doesn’t have a major role for hair.
In terms of skin benefits – BioSil’s ingredients seem really effective.
But in terms of hair growth – this formula seems pretty weak to me.
It can mostly strengthen the hair – which is important, but it won’t really speed up hair growth considerably.
So I consider BioSil more of a general beauty supplement (not a hair one).
#2 – How To Take It (9 out of 10)
BioSil is quite a comfortable product – from this point of view.
1. The Pills
They look like classic hair pills:
- transparent with a gelatin cover
- white powder inside
- average dimensions
- really easy to swallow (due to their gelatin cover)
So if you want to avoid horse pills – BioSil is fine from this point of view.
I had absolutely no problem swallowing these pills.
But if you really can’t swallow them – just dissolve the powder in some water and drink it. The result should be the same.
2. The Schedule
Here you need to pay some attention:
- According to the label, serving size = 1 capsule.
- However, directions mention you should take 2 capsules.
So basically – the daily dose is 2 servings, not 1 serving (as in most supplements).
In my opinion, they just made things more complicated.
But anyway – here’s the point: You need to take 2 pills per day, not 1.
If you thought BioSil has an advantage at this chapter – that’s not really so. It requires 2 pills per day, just like most products.
#3 – My Results (7 out of 10)
To be honest, BioSil worked as I somehow expected – not amazingly.
1. My Background
I had been dealing with a terrible hair loss several years of my life.
So my hair was in a bad shape overall:
- ends were really thin (compared to the roots)
- it would break off really easily
- it was still falling out more than it should
So what could BioSil do about that? Could it regrow my hair faster – or at least strengthen it even a bit?
2. How It Worked
I only used these pills for 2 month – but it was enough to get an idea.
- My hair felt indeed stronger.
- It would not break off so easily.
- However, it was still very thin and the ends.
- Also, my hair loss didn’t really decrease.
So basically – BioSil really helped in terms of strengthening. But that was it – my hair didn’t grow any 1/2 inch more than usual.
I think 2 months were enough to see what it can do, honestly.
However – in terms of skin and nails, I was more satisfied:
- the few wrinkles I had were much finer
- my nails were also stronger
BioSil surely works – but not in terms of growing hair or decreasing hair loss.
It helps fragile hair and prevents breakage – but that was it.
So it’s a great supplement for general hair health – but if you want to grow your hair/stop your hair loss, I think it’s pretty useless.
#4 – Other Opinions (7.50 out of 10)
The good news is that I found lots of authentic reviews on BioSil.
The bad news is that not all of them were positive (especially the ones related to hair).
- most reviews I found were from women
- the few reviews made by men were about hair loss
- but they mostly negative
So that’s pretty much what I suspected – BioSil doesn’t work too well for hair loss, especially for male pattern one.
1. Positive Reviews
So here are the most common good things I read:
- BioSil works amazingly for wrinkles.
- It also makes nails grow faster.
- Some people really praise it for making their hair stronger and smoother.
- Others say it helps even with hair loss.
2. Negative Reviews
Obviously – there are dozens of unsatisfied customers. So here are the top complaints I found on BioSil:
- Doesn’t work for male hair loss (several people said that).
- Also some women complain about its weak effect on hair.
- Someone claimed it caused her an acne breakout.
Now – I personally consider BioSil a very safe and potent supplement (BUT not for hair loss/growth).
So I reached the same conclusion after reading these reviews as before.
BioSil works great for wrinkles, nails and hair strength – but it doesn’t really speed up hair growth. At least not in most people.
#5 – Price (9.50 out of 10)
Honestly, BioSil shines at this chapter:
- cheaper than most hair supplements
- really affordable for the quantity
So when it comes to price – I couldn’t possible criticize this supplement.
Note: I review BioSil as a hair supplement – so that’s what I will be referring it.
I will only compare it with other HAIR supplements (not general beauty ones).
1. The Exact Price
Let’s take each of the 3 sizes:
- The 30 days supply costs around $20 per bottle
- The 60 days supply is about $29
- Lastly, the 120 days version costs a bit over $50
Basically – all 3 forms are extremely affordable (for the quantity).
In my opinion, the 2 months version is the best buy for the money.
It lasts long enough to see if it’s effective – but you’re also not spending too much (in case it doesn’t).
2. Competitors’ Price
As I said – BioSil is cheaper than most hair supplements.
So let’s compare it with Folexin – which is my top recommendation for hair loss & growth:
- Folexin costs around $25 per month (vs $20 BioSil).
- If you buy a larger pack, you can get Folexin for around $18 (vs $20 BioSil).
- Folexin works much better for hair loss & growth.
- It also has around 30 ingredients (vs 2 in BioSil).
Anyway – there are many other things to say, but I mostly wanted to stick to the prices.
So if you’re looking for a skin & hair supplement, BioSil is better.
But as a hair supplement – Folexin is a much better choice for the money.
#6 – Where To Find It (10 out of 10)
Good new here – BioSil is really easy to find, even if you live outside the US.
1. The Sellers
There are many websites selling BioSil, including:
Out of these, Amazon is probably the best choice – because of the price.
They have many discounts and offers there, including free shipping (especially if you buy something else).
So that’s where I would recommend you to buy BioSil.
Now – BioSil also has an official website, but it doesn’t seem to be selling the products.
Instead, it sends you to a local retailer or online website (which is quite weird).
2. The Prices
Out of the 4 retailers I mentioned, Amazon and iHerb have similar prices.
However – the lowest prices ever are on Ebay. But here’s why I don’t really recommend it:
- not as safe as the other retailers
- you might have to pay shipping (over $10 usually)
- most sellers have opened bottles
At $20 per bottle, I don’t think it’s worth the stress.
So if you decide to get BioSil – Amazon is my #1 recommended retailer.
#7 – FAQs
Here are the most common questions you might have about BioSil.
Note: In case I already mentioned a certain thing, I apologize. It’s simply easier to spot here.
1. How many pills per day?
That’s a tricky part:
- the label says 1 serving is 1 pill
- but it recommends taking 2 pills per day
So basically – you need to take 2 servings, which means 2 pills every day.
It’s a really complicated explanation, for sure.
2. How long lasts 1 bottle?
It depends on what size you buy.
But you have 3 options: 30 days, 60 days or 120 days. Most retailers have all 3 sizes, so you can pick any.
3. Can I take it with other drugs?
Yes you can. BioSil contains mostly collagen – which doesn’t really interact with anything.
Now – if you follow a long-term treatment for a serious condition, you can ask your doctor first (just in case).
But normally – there shouldn’t be any problem.
4. Are there any side effects?
Not really, it’s quite a safe supplement.
I also didn’t find many complaints on this topic among the reviews I read. Other products had a lot more.
5. How fast should I notice an effect?
BioSil seems to work faster than other supplements I tried. So here’s the thing:
- for nails, it can start working within weeks
- for wrinkles, you need a few months
- and for hair, it also needs about 1 month (in my case at least)
Surely – the results are different from person to person.
But based on my experience with it and on the reviews I read, these are the average periods.
#8 – Final Conclusions
Here’s what I personally think about BioSil.
#1 – Great For Skin & Wrinkles
I would actually recommend it for that:
- smooths and hydrates skin really well
- decreases fine wrinkles within 1-2 months
- adds extra shine
Now – I didn’t have lots of wrinkles and dry skin. But BioSil really made my skin look much better than before.
So at $20 per bottle – it’s a great product for that.
#2 – Weak Formula For Hair
Even though it’s great for skin, it’s not too helpful for hair:
- Not amazing ingredients.
- Mostly contains collagen-like substances.
Now – these are surely beneficial ingredients, even for hair.
But they don’t do anything major, unless strengthening.
So in terms of hair benefits, I don’t have a great opinion on BioSil.
#3 – Not Effective For Hair Growth
As I said, BioSil’s biggest benefit for hair is adding extra strength.
But that’s pretty much it:
- it doesn’t regrow hair faster
- does nothing for decreasing hair loss
Yes, your hair will grow faster once it’s stronger. But if your hair loss has a real cause behind, BioSil isn’t going to help.
It has no herbal extract/ingredient that fights hair loss.
Besides – in my case it was really ineffective at this chapter.
#9 – My Video Review
My Verdict – Is BioSil Worth Buying?
Short answer: As a skin & general health supplement – definitely.
It’s really good at reducing fine wrinkles, I’ve seen that myself.
However – I would not recommend it as a hair supplement:
- only strengthens the hair
- doesn’t increase hair growth
- also, it doesn’t really help hair loss considerably
Now – it does have a great price (just $20 per bottle).
But if you’re looking for a hair supplement – I would recommend you Folexin (for about $5 more):
- Decreased my hair loss in about 1 month.
- Stimulated my follicles and speeded up my hair growth.
- Added a lot of volume.
Thing is – this supplement works for both men and women.
So if you’re trying to stop your hair (whether you’re a man or woman), I think this supplement is the best choice.