Styling, hair products, pool water – all of these damage hair pretty badly. But you can’t avoid them completely.
So in my opinion – the best solution is prevention. How exactly can you do that? My #1 tip is by using special treatments.
But the question is – what’s the best treatment for damaged hair?:
- Is it something made of natural ingredients?
- Or brand treatments work better?
Well, brand products can work great – if they’re chosen correctly. But most of them are pretty pricey – so you kind of need a large amount.
However, I want to focus on the chapter alternative.
So let me show you what’s the best natural treatment for damaged hair – because it’s pretty easy to do.
Why Natural Treatments Are Better
Here’s the thing – natural treatments may not work as fast. But they’re much safer on the long term.
Now let me explain. Compared to brand products – natural treatments have a few advantages:
- you know exactly what substances they contain
- there’s no alcohol, parabens or other chemicals
- usually the ingredients are fresh
Obviously – brand products are a lot more comfortable. You can apply them easier and they also work faster.
So if you choose a quality product – then you can always use a brand treatment instead of a natural one.
What It Should Contain
How exactly can a hair treatment help your hair? And in order to do that – what ingredients should it contain?
It actually depends on the problems of your hair:
- oils are great for dry or damaged hair ends
- castor or olive oil moisturize the hair and repair split ends
- honey adds shine to hair – but it also hydrates it
- vitamin A and E thicken hair and make it grow faster
Basically – the ingredients you need to add should depend on your hair type.
If your hair is curly – you should add lots of essential oils. That’s because it’s naturally more dehydrated than other hair types.
On the other hand, if your hair is pretty greasy – you should give up the oils as much as you can.
How To Prepare The Treatment
Before you start – there’s one thing to keep in mind:
You shouldn’t use the exact quantities I listed below. It depends on the length and thickness of your hair – so you may need more or less.
Now, if you’re ready – here’s what you should add:
- 3 spoonfuls of olive oil
- 3 spoonfuls of castor oil
- 10 drops of Vitamin A and 10 of Vitamin E
- 2 spoonfuls of honey
- one egg
Once you mix them up – you should get a yellow paste, more or less liquid.
Now – these quantities are enough for a shoulder length hair. So if your hair is longer, you will most likely have to double these quantities.
Here’s how you should apply this mixture:
- Section your hair from top to the bottom
- Apply the paste on each strand – you can use a small brush if it’s easier
- Let it sit for at least one hour (or overnight – if possible)
- Rinse deeply – because of honey
Obviously, you’re not going to see any change from the first time. You should apply this treatment once a week – for at least one month.
After this time, you should be able to see an improvement – especially in your hair ends.
My Final Verdict
Now – based on my experience, that’s the treatment that helped my hair most.
That’s because it works faster – compared to others. As I said, you’re not going to see a change immediately.
But on the long term – it’s really helpful:
- repairs hair ends
- hydrates and nourishes damaged roots
- prevents your hair from dehydration
- restores your hair shine
If you’re patient and you continue to use it for at least one month – you should see the results pretty soon.
Now I would like to hear from you:
- What hair treatments do you use – natural or brand products?
- What ingredients do you use for hair in general?
- Are you going to try this hair mask?
I’m waiting for your answers, questions or suggestions in the comments below.