Oily hair can be a very frustrating problem, especially because you have to wash your hair every two or three days, simply because you have no choice. However, they say there is a solution for every problem in the world, so there should be one for greasy hair too, right? This is why, I want to show you which are the best 6 remedies for oily hair, that would get you rid of the stress of washing your hair four times a week.
These are mainly hair care products, specially designed for oily hair, but unlike many others have proved to work great for people whose hair is greasy after only little time after washing. So, let me show you my top oily hair remedies.
Nisim Normal to Oily hair Shampoo ($21.20)
Nisim’s new unisex shampoo is designed to clean and nourish normal to greasy scalp, leaving your hair oil free for a longer period.
- Shows good results for hair that is usually oily, making it last more without getting greasy roots
- Can be used alone, you don’t have to necessarily combine it with something else
- Another great effect is that it stops hair loss
- Also works against dandruff
- If you don’t see any result in 7 days, they will give you a full refund
- It’s not designed exclusively for oily hair
- The price/quantity ratio isn’t that great
- It doesn’t last for a very long time, only 4-6 weeks
- They recommend using it daily, which means that you have to wash your hair every day
Apivita Propoline Balancing Shampoo ($18.98)
- Combats the sebum secretion very well
- You don’t have to wash your hair every two days while using it, depending on your hair you can wash it (let’s say) every 4 days
- It has a pretty light formula, so it doesn’t weigh the hair down
- Doesn’t irritate the scalp at all, so dandruff won’t be one of your problems
- The price is pretty high in comparison to the quantity
- The bottle has only 8.5 oz
- It won’t last very much if you use it a few times per week
Tru Moroccan Natural Hair Conditioner for Oily hair ($15.94)
Although people with oily hair don’t usually apply conditioner simply because it makes their hair even oilier, Tru Moroccan’s Parabens free conditioner controls oily scalp and at the same time promises not to cause irritation and dandruff.
It is the perfect product for someone willing to try the miraculous use of conditioner on oily hair. You can also combine it with the shampoo from the same brand.
- It’s an organic product so it can’t really produce any harm to your scalp (like itching or dandruff)
- Although it’s Argan Oil based, it doesn’t make the hair oilier, on the contrary, it combats the greasiness
- Great for people with oily roots and dry ends, because it also maintains moisture inside the hair
- The smell is very nice
- You only have to leave it for 1-2 minutes on your hair
- The price/quantity ratio is a bit high
JustNatural Oily Hair Shampoo ($24.99)
This sulfate free shampoo does a great job when it comes to removing the excess oil and preventing its quick reappearance. Plus, because of its natural ingredients, your hair will become extremely soft and shiny.
- Prevents hair from getting oily for several days, so it works great for people who have greasy hair
- Also treats dandruff and other scalp irritations
- It doesn’t require daily use, as other products of this type
- Has a great scent
- The price/quantity ratio is pretty good
- 100% natural
- The best results appear if you use it together with the conditioner from the same brand
Maple Holistics Shampoo for Oily, Itchy Greasy Hair & Scalp ($16.95)
Maple Holistics’ new Oily hair Shampoo is 100% natural, so you won’t have any bad surprises regarding any possible irritation. It actually promises to treat the oily hair, not to cover it.
- Successfully treats greasy hair, making it less oily even after 3 days after the last wash
- Doesn’t contain any toxic ingredient
- Another effect is stimulating the hair growth
- Can be used by both men and women
- It has a great scent
- The price is very good comparing to the quantity
- You might need to condition your hair after using it, but only at the ends
Ryeo Chung Ah Mo Shampoo & Conditioner ($39.90)
These 2 amazing Korean products are recently appeared on our market, and I can say that they definitely got me. They promise to treat oily hair with dandruff or other scalp problems.
- They are among the best products for oily hair I’ve tried
- Prevent hair from getting oily fast, you can even wash your hair two times a week
- Manage to reduce the (possible) dandruff and itching
- In my case, they also stopped a bit the hair loss
- The smell is pretty nice, though a bit unusual (in the good way)
- The price is not very high, thinking that you get 2 products
- They are pretty new products, so you can’t find out a lot of things about them before buying
These are my 6 best products for oily hair. Have you tried any of them? 🙂